Begleitpanzer 57 / German (1977)

pieve

You would like to see Begleit Panzer 57  

354 members have voted

1. 1. You would like to see Begleit Panzer 57?

• Yes, I think it deserves
    • No, I don't feel should receive it
  2. 2. what do you think?

• Yes, still in the cut-off date
    • No, it's already out of court date

8 minutes ago, Ruslan_DR said:

All of my yes, mainly because it looks like some sort of super-advanced panther. Plus, 50mm autocannon and TOW atgm's? So long as it's SACLOS, or i probably won' bother with even using the missiles unless the enemy needs to be instaderped three meters away.

Would also finally give us a pretty decent looking light tank, Germany's infamous here on the forums for having absolutely no lights past tier 2. We ought to find some more.

TOWs are always SACLOS. However, I remain skeptical of that thing. Something that comes with an actual FCS just makes me suspicious since all tanks currently in-game have no FCS. Were it stripped of its FCS though, I could warm up to it.

medal

Just now, Nope said:

TOWs are always SACLOS. However, I remain skeptical of that thing. Something that comes with an actual FCS just makes me suspicious since all tanks currently in-game have no FCS. Were it stripped of its FCS though, I could warm up to it.

I'll be honest, a lot of the blame for how tanks currently is, and my problems with it are due to the devs. It's not that tanks are bad, hell even though i hate a lack of armor i'd use both this and a leo, were one thing put into play. We need exceptionally large maps compared to the joke in RB now. Sim sized maps would be perfect, because those sizes are what modern tanks, and tanks from the 60's onward are made to engage in. tanks don't move into cities until they've cleared out most of the defenses from the outskirts of town, because that's how they're built to fight. Good luck convincing people on "mobility is key lol" when we can't even F'n accellerate enough to be mobile before we hit a rock or a tree. A good map for battles like that would be "ruhr" which is where "Advance to the rhine" is currently located on. I've flown by the city of Essen a number of times in game and can't help but think the combination of outskirts, suburbs, open fields and cities would be excellent for a large tank map. Hell, i think that even the community would help build it if they said it's "too big" for them to do themselves. We've had people making custom maps for tanks out of air battle maps in custom battles, and iv'e even driven all the way across one in a maus. It's not too big, you just have to plan it like any real engagement and think which way your enemy will go, who has to stay behind, etc. Maybe some AI anti tank guns, bunkers and the like to help pad things out. Improve their accuracy to that of the RB AAA airfield guns and you'll have a formidable force even without needing to encounter other players, but as soona s you're shot at, well, you're on the map, and just like the enemy radioing in for reinfocements you'd best get through quick before the tanks reach you.

• Upvote 1
medal

WNSweden_57-70_mk123_mk3_Test_Fire_pic.j

It is said that this Mk1 version Bofors cannon penetration L70 has the same power as the Panther tank 75 mm cannon crew in World War II.

5.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Aye, we'll need some stuff to fill in the gaps in a possible German light tank line. This might be the predecessor of the Ru 251.

medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Retry said:

+1 for the BagelPanzer

You heard it here first, folks!

Oh, you silly anglos and your silly misunderstandings.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, pieve said:

It is said that this Mk1 version Bofors cannon penetration L70 has the same power as the Panther tank 75 mm cannon crew in World War II.

Close, but not likely. It's a bit short of that.

medal

18 hours ago, Nope said:

Close, but not likely. It's a bit short of that.

It's still surprisingly good though. A panther can side-pen a maus, and frankly for a light tank? that's fantastic! It's faster than the sheridan in both directions, has missiles like the sheridan, but also an auto-cannon. That is actually an important one, as people have seen how effective the ZSU is, and likewise, other auto-cannons. This would be excellent for a light tank such as this, where you need to get off as many shots as you can in your enemy in a short amount of time before they manage to turn the turret. 

In addition, if you have to reload you can send TOW their way!

19 hours ago, Doktor_Junkers said:

This might be the predecessor of the Ru 251.

Successor more likely. It's lighter sure but they're  both worthless armorwise, whereas, as a light tank this one is both faster and armed with a more powerful TOW. We don't want another kugelblitz situation where nobody drives the RU, do we?

I thought i should clarify, before the gepard was announced, absolutely everyone drove the kugelblitz for it's penetrative power, so the Coelian was relegated to a "meh" role because it didn't murder tanks like the kugel does. Such is with the RU, yes it's a good candidate for a light, but this is definately a better light tank, it has both a cannon, and a "F*** YOU!" - TOW missile, for those moments when you need a little extra punch.

Speaking of, how many TOW missiles did this thing carry?

Edited by Ruslan_DR
  • Upvote 1
medal

14 minutes ago, Ruslan_DR said:

It's just another sheridan that can't swim basically :P

Would you be fine with the Shturm-S ATGM Carrier? 

medal

15 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

basically you can use two types of TOW missiles or HOT

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

Yep. just another missile, really don't matter, and on a light atgm chassis like it has it's another pt-76 with missiles. This thing's going to chew through it with 8 AP rounds in a very short span of time. Dare i say this would end up being the king of light tanks, it's got the rate of fire you need, the missiles to kill heavy tyrants, and speed on par with all the others as just some sugaring. Lookit them angles too, some might bounce. Unlikely but they may.

So yeah, i'm fine with it. 

medal

15 minutes ago, Ruslan_DR said:

Yep. just another missile, really don't matter, and on a light atgm chassis like it has it's another pt-76 with missiles. This thing's going to chew through it with 8 AP rounds in a very short span of time. Dare i say this would end up being the king of light tanks, it's got the rate of fire you need, the missiles to kill heavy tyrants, and speed on par with all the others as just some sugaring. Lookit them angles too, some might bounce. Unlikely but they may.

So yeah, i'm fine with it. 

yes indeed it will be a good help for us

Bofors%20family.jpg

Ammunition for the Bofors family of light automatic weapons

In this "family photo", the 20x110 Hispano ammunition shown here is in a Swedish-production armour piercing loading. The same projectile  is also shown in the 20x145R round next to it. High-explosive loadings used longer projectiles.

The other cartridges are all shown with HE-pattern projectiles.

The 57x230R shown here has a replica projectile, made from factory scale drawings.

Begleitpanzer_model.jpg

Edited by pieve

if this were added, and the ru-251 as a light tank before this, then what would fill the gaps from between the pz 35t? Luchs i suppose is a good choice, but for tier 3 i don't know what would be a good choice really.

medal

basically you could have Schützenpanzer Kurz in tier 3 without any problem.

bw_spz_kurz_hotchkiss-image007.jpg

or even Spähpanzer SP I.C. 90mm

T0pFphJ.jpg

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pieve said:

basically you could have Schützenpanzer Kurz in tier 3 without any problem.

I mean, if the ASU's, Pt-76, etc are anything to go by, i don't see a problem with this.

medal

11 minutes ago, Ruslan_DR said:

I mean, if the ASU's, Pt-76, etc are anything to go by, i don't see a problem with this.

yes, in the future we will have automatic loader in the game, so I made this suggestion to help German tree in the game.
why I do not want to see design in the game yet, so I prefer to prototype in first in the game like that

You said 200 RPM. I'm not sure if that's correct. Seems a bit high for something with a 4 round clip.

I don't know. It seems to have one hell of a feeding system.

h8p2NaZ.jpg

Edited by WulfPack
medal