Begleitpanzer 57 / German (1977)

pieve

You would like to see Begleit Panzer 57  

354 members have voted

1. 1. You would like to see Begleit Panzer 57?

• Yes, I think it deserves
    • No, I don't feel should receive it
  2. 2. what do you think?

• Yes, still in the cut-off date
    • No, it's already out of court date

Thought some more, probably the reason we consider the sheridan and the it-1 to be ca- Oh right i can't say that because it'll #TRIGGER people.

Right then, the reason we dislike them as German players, is probably because they ahve turrets and can aim in every direction. This lately has been pissing me off because i worked hard to get the HOT model of the rakjpz, only to realise not only does it not have vertical guidance, but without it, EVEN IF i position myself perfectly, i can't hit a target less than 100 meters in front of me, and that is pretty unacceptable, considering this means two other nations can, so us and the British have to stick together.

Now, not only that, but when I use the damn thing, even if pointed the right way, directly in front, my missiles sometimes launch mistifyingly at a 45* angle, try to corect themselves and zigzag across the map, often missing the target. To top it off, literally 50% of the time my missiles will hit and do nothing, then i notice when i click immediatelya fter it glitches, launches the "real" one and a "fake one" that just absconds off to one side of the reticle, and then the real one hits and actually does something.

Frankly, that is also unacceptable. So, I do again have to restate the want for this thing, because at least we can aim directly at the target. You may not know this, but some ATGM's are launched from tank cannons for this exact reason, the soviets developed this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K112_Kobra

Then everyone else made a few; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gun-launched_missiles

So yeah, i kinda really want this. Plus it has a ZSU-destroying spamcannon and a hard to hit tiny turret. Not impossible but small, still a target for other ATGM's.

medal

IMO the Begleit should fit nice and snug between the Sturer Emil and RkjPz. 2/2 HOT (or after) :yes_yes_yes:

germantechtree3.png

:good: +1
Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Results45 said:

IMO the Begleit should fit nice and snug between the Sturer Emil and RkjPz. 2/2 HOT :yes_yes_yes:

germantechtree3.png

:good: +1

And where's the logic in that?? It should be better with its own LT tank together with more Pz IIs etc.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, GreenAid said:

And where's the logic in that?? It should be better with its own LT tank together with more Pz IIs etc.

Um.....it fired HOT & TOW missiles?

medal medal medal

51 minutes ago, pieve said:

You can use both

Yes the Begleitpanzer 57 fired either one or both :cool:

Given that flexibility, it might be even better to place it at BR 8.5* or 8.7 after the RkjPz. 2 HOT (heheh it's TWO HOT for panzers, but just right for toasting beigles) :D

*n.5 BRs would maintain MMBR compression within vehicles of similar capability while making a reduction in BR-spread to +/-0.7 feasible.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

49 minutes ago, Results45 said:

Yes the Begleitpanzer 57 fired either one or both :cool:

Given that flexibility, it might be even better to place it at BR 8.5* or 8.7 after the RkjPz. 2 HOT (heheh it's TWO HOT for panzers, but just right for toasting beigles) :D

*n.5 BRs would maintain MMBR compression within vehicles of similar capability while making a reduction in BR-spread to +/-0.7 feasible.

The 57-MM would seem really out of place between 2 missile only systems.

medal

3 hours ago, WulfPack said:

The 57-MM would seem really out of place between 2 missile only systems.

The Begleit with 32mm LoS RHAe (6 ATGMs) had compared to the RkJpz. 2's 50mm (14 ATGMs), but if we could could load it with 3 HOT-1s (800mm pen) and 3 TOWs (532mm pen) with a Bofors 57mm cannon firing 131mm pen AP rounds at 220rpm, this this thing could kill heavies, MBTs, aircraft, and other light vehicles with ease. :gunner: :vnezapno: :laugh:

4-sources (uncited) stating 800-850mm penetration of HOT-1 missile (in-game, it's 800mm):

Data on the Bofors 57mm/L70 57x438R ammo:

Bofors 57mm L70 57x438R data.gif

Edited by Results45
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 9/14/2016 at 9:28 AM, pieve said:

BgLtPz_03.png

YOMXj5F.pngN4qH0qG.png

Here's more:

begleitpanzererkl0e7c.jpg

Edited by Results45
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

14 hours ago, WulfPack said:

@Results45 could you please do something about that picture? Everytime it loads, it will crash the page.

Pretty sure the file size of Currus' illustriations are like 50MB so yeah, can't do much about that.

Honestly, if you're using a laptop, try plugging-in an Ethernet cable from your router/modem or a wall outlet. A direct connection should double download speeds.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Results45 said:

Pretty sure the file size of Currus' illustriations are like 50MB so yeah, can't do much about that.

Honestly, if you're using a laptop, try plugging-in an Ethernet cable from your router/modem or a wall outlet. A direct connection should double download speeds.

I'm on a desktop.

medal

7 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

19Mbps /6Mbps

Yeah.....that's what I have for WiFi speed. It did take me a good 3 minutes to load his illustration, so I really have no I idea why you can't see it.

Any different if you loaded the image on it's own?

Edited by Results45
medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Results45 said:

Yeah.....that's what I have for WiFi speed. It did take me a good 3 minutes to load his illustration, so I really have no I idea why you can't see it.

Any different if you loaded the image on it's own?

Works fine on its own.

• Thanks 1
medal

4 minutes ago, *Lightening_Drake said:

Explain?

The M2 has composite armor. It would also open the door for the BMP-3, Marder 1A3, Type 89, Warrior.

Edited by WulfPack
medal

32 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

The M2 has composite armor. It would also open the door for the BMP-3, Marder 1A3, Type 89, Warrior.

Aluminum for the prototype. And this doesn't lead to others like that? 

Edited by *Lightening_Drake
medal medal medal medal