Marder 1  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna see it ingame?

• YES
    • No, why

• Senior Technical Moderator

I'm all for it for tier 6 so +1 from me

• Like 1

So the Marder would at best be modelled as a "light tank" :facepalm:...with the 20mm BMK and the MILAN ATGM launcher with 6 Missles?

The Marder would still lack the additional 6-anti-tank rounds with range of (depending on timeline) 300-600m.

And they to can be fired mounted from the vehicle (rear)hatches...

(sorry for the harsh words) who the f@#k said no and why, why would someone not want completely new tanks in game.

also was there a marder 2?

medal

2 hours ago, TSGamer04 said:

(sorry for the harsh words) who the f@#k said no and why, why would someone not want completely new tanks in game.

The Marder has a specifiy job: fight enemy infantry and their vehiceles mounted and dismounted....

Is there enemy Infantry in WT??

Edited by Ronin_GE
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TSGamer04 said:

I'm pretty sure this is a strawman, being that most people who said no didn't say no because they do "not want completely new tanks in game".

The suggestion was long before T6 was ever announced, it was more-or-less the accepted position that tanks and (especially) aircraft top tiers were set in stone, so back when F-86Fs and Leopard 1A1s were basically the be-all end-alls, as opposed to the upcoming meta of the T-64B and quite possibly transonic or supersonic Vietnam jets (depending how internal testing goes).

And dear lawd m8 it's like an 80/20 vote, no need to be so distraught.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Ronin_GE said:

The Marder has a specifiy job: fight enemy infantry and their vehiceles mounted and dismounted....

Is there enemy Infantry in WT??

thats why the marder was equipped with AGTM's... to fight infantery. sure. :facepalm: the Marder was designed to operate side by side with Gepard and Leopard

ingame it would hunt Objects, BMP's ect.

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Ronin_GE said:

The Marder would still lack the additional 6-anti-tank rounds with range of (depending on timeline) 300-600m

i would really like to know where you got those numbers....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

thats why the marder was equipped with AGTM's... to fight infantery. sure. :facepalm: the Marder was designed to operate side by side with Gepard and Leopard

Yes, but with a specific job allocated. The genadier are in a sense "just" service providers for the tanks : defend them against enemy AT-team, open chokepoints, move ahead in terrain when ranges got below a certain level...

The ATGM mounted on the Marder, is not exactly a system that makes them tank destroyers:

1. not every vehicle has one

2. you can not move with the Missle loaded (only short jumps of afew meters from cover to firing positions)

3. you can only drive slow over rough terrain when the laucher is mounted

4. You can not move the turret when operating the missle

5. you have only a very narrow azimuth that you can cover with the missle once in position ....

If all these things will modelled half-faithful in WT, people will hate the Marder (which would be a pitty)

2 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

i would really like to know where you got those numbers....

Abmarsch.thumb.jpg.bbfa5717f3f5393131611

First vehicle was mine....

9 minutes ago, Ronin_GE said:

Yes, but with a specific job allocated. The genadier are in a sense "just" service providers for the tanks : defend them against enemy AT-team, open chokepoints, move ahead in terrain when ranges got below a certain level...

The ATGM mounted on the Marder, is not exactly a system that makes them tank destroyers:

1. not every vehicle has one

2. you can not move with the Missle loaded (only short jumps of afew meters from cover to firing positions)

3. you can only drive slow over rough terrain when the laucher is mounted

4. You can not move the turret when operating the missle

5. you have only a very narrow azimuth that you can cover with the missle once in position ....

If all these things will modelled half-faithful in WT, people will hate the Marder (which would be a pitty)

Abmarsch.thumb.jpg.bbfa5717f3f5393131611

First vehicle was mine....

1A3 marder were all equipped with the MILAN according to the BW homepage, or is our army lying now?

Besides when i served i never have seen one without.
sure the Marder is no TD, and i never said that it would be one. its job would be to hunt lightly armourd vehiecles, the atgm gives it a chance to fight an MBT if you ran into one. i dont see the problem.

we will see how the Rh202 works against IFV's soon enough. the Kpz-70 has the same

still have not seen any numbers

Edited by dotEXCEL

28 minutes ago, Ronin_GE said:

es, but with a specific job allocated. The genadier are in a sense "just" service providers for the tanks : defend them against enemy AT-team, open chokepoints, move ahead in terrain when ranges got below a certain level..

so BMP 1 not ?? by the way you dont think you have first to reach tier 5 to complain about it ???

Edited by Panzerkasper
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

1A3 marder were all equipped with the MILAN according to the BW homepage, or is our army lying now?

Besides when i served i never have seen one without.
sure the Marder is no TD, and i never said that it would be one. its job would be to hunt lightly armourd vehiecles, the atgm gives it a chance to fight an MBT if you ran into one. i dont see the problem.

we will see how the Rh202 works against IFV's soon enough. the Kpz-70 has the same

still have not seen any numbers

Read that homepage more carefully, it says that the Marder optionally can be equiped with the MILAN...not that all are :p:

I've checked older STAN papers a while ago, the only time I'v found Marder platoon where all vehicles had 1 MILAN, only in the mixed bataillions of Heeresstruktur III...and these where 3 vehicle platoons.

Today we have 4 vehicle paltoon, and not all of 'em have the MILAN.

What numbers do you need? https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3

The equipment of a Grenadier-group includes PzFst-3 weapons, ranges of the standart version is up to 300m (well, 400 against stationary targets).

Using the new dynarange sight, you can engage movers up to 600m away. Also you can fire them from the rear hatches...provided that all other hatches are closed and the backblast zone is clear of thing you want to keep..

18 hours ago, Retry said:

I'm pretty sure this is a strawman, being that most people who said no didn't say no because they do "not want completely new tanks in game".

The suggestion was long before T6 was ever announced, it was more-or-less the accepted position that tanks and (especially) aircraft top tiers were set in stone, so back when F-86Fs and Leopard 1A1s were basically the be-all end-alls, as opposed to the upcoming meta of the T-64B and quite possibly transonic or supersonic Vietnam jets (depending how internal testing goes).

And dear lawd m8 it's like an 80/20 vote, no need to be so distraught.

ok sry

medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! I want to see it fighting against other IFVs Like BMP-2 and BMP-3 and Bradley.... So If you love IFVs guys show your love and support for them, here is one that need your love...:

Edited by CoMurey2

• 2 months later...
On 30-1-2017 at 1:00 AM, Necrons31467 said:

Meh, IMHO they could easily start off by having the T-64A, T-72, MBT-70, Kpz-70 and Chieftain Mk. 10

Just reading through the earlier pages of this thread, boy, did I get those predictions on-point. :P

30 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

since the bmp2 got passed to dev....

Yeah, I hope it gets passed as well, even though I'm not too sure if it'd be the most competitive vehicle out there :/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

Just reading through the earlier pages of this thread, boy, did I get those predictions on-point. :P

even the T-72 which got confirmed :good:nice one m8

5 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

Yeah, I hope it gets passed as well, even though I'm not too sure if it'd be the most competitive vehicle out there :/

about 100mm@10m is enough to kill every MBT from the side. besides that you get 6-7 ATGM's. but sure, it will require a certain playstyle

well if you go smaller look for the @swpixy's Wiesel AWC suggestion on the forums xD

Edited by dotEXCEL

8 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

even the T-72 which got confirmed :good:nice one m8

about 100mm@10m is enough to kill every MBT from the side. besides that you get 6-7 ATGM's. but sure, it will require a certain playstyle

well if you go smaller look for the @swpixy's Wiesel AWC suggestion on the forums xD

Let's just hope this and the BMP-2 don't get the Begleitpanzer treament, I.E. getting massively over-tiered.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal