"Space Race" - discussion/lineups/tactics

NoodleCup31

Space Race

news_object_279_com_5ac949f39a98f6ae6fa8

Hey guys, the yearly spring/april foold event just got announced.

We get a simple crafting scheme and very nice rewards ;)

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6669-special-space-race-en

Rewards:

Aircraft

AU-1 Corsair (USA, fighter, rank IV)

Tanks:

Object 279 (USSR, heavy tank, rank VI)

Sd.Kfz.234/1 (Germany, light tank, rank I)

Ships:

SGB (S309) (Britain, rank II, torpedo boat)

Here are the terms:

Spoiler

The air, the land and the oceans have already been subdued by you so now it is time to look to space! A forgotten vehicle from the time of the first space arms race - the Soviet heavy “lunar rover” Object 279 has been found on the Moon! Some nations are willing to generously reward explorers even for separate parts of this vehicle.

From 13:00 GMT on the 1st of April till 11:00 GMT on the 13th of April

Assemble space rockets from the materials obtained in battles and deliver on them parts of the Object 279 heavy tank from the Moon. Exchange them for premium vehicles or assemble your own “lunar rover”.

Rewards for space conquerors

Object 279 (USSR) — event vehicle, rank VI Object 279 (USSR) — event vehicle, rank VI

Will be assembled from 3 parts

Prototype of the Soviet heavy tank with an original design. Thick armour at very large angles, four tracks and 130 mm cannon with gun stabiliser!

AU-1 Corsair (USA) — premium, rank IV AU-1 Corsair (USA) — premium, rank IV

In exchange for a complete Object 279

An assault version of the “Corsair” designed for the US Marine Corps. High speed and automatic guns are complemented by a great selection of missile and bomb armaments. 

Sd.Kfz.234/1 (Germany) — premium, rank I Sd.Kfz.234/1 (Germany) — premium, rank I

For the turret of the Object 279

First version of the German heavy armoured “Puma” with a 20 mm automatic cannon. Fast, with a great rate of fire  - a great variant for battles of the beginning ranks! 

For the tower of the Object 279 SGB (S309) (Britain) — premium, rank II

For the turret of the Object 279

British S309 “Gray Goose” gun boat. Designed to fight against German “Schnell Boats”. Good fire rate and excellent armament - 40 mm “Pom-Pom”. cannons. 76 mm cannon and even torpedoes.

How to participate

The whole assembly process and the receiving of rewards will take place in the hangar menu “Workshop → Space Race”.

In “Space Race” you are assembling rockets to transport the parts of the Object 279. Assembling and launching of the rocket will be done in 3 stages in the menu “Assembly Scheme”: from basic raw materials up to rocket components and its launch.

Participate in battles in the main game modes and get all you require for the assembly of rocket components!

Container with raw materials Container with raw materials

Raw materials for assembly

For each 10 minutes spent in battle (in a vehicle of rank II and above and with an in-game activity of 50% or higher).

Contains from 7 to 9 units of raw materials and 10% chance for random material.

Oxidizer and Fuel Oxidizer and Fuel

For refueling and launching

For each 10 minutes spent in battle (in a vehicle of rank II and above and with in-game activity of 50% or higher).

You will get 1 fuel and 1 oxidizer.

Scientific data Scientific data

To speed up the flight

For first place at the end of a battle.

Will be given only 1 article with scientific data. They will be gathered in the collections of scientific data that can increase the flight speed of the rocket.

Containers as well as oxidizer and fuel can be obtained in battle several times and the remaining time will be transferred to the next battle.

Production

Be sure to use the market to exchange unnecessary materials and get any missing ones!

Production is carried out in the following order: “Raw materials” → “Material” → “Part” → “Ready rocket”

• The whole process during the construction of the rocket takes time. You can not speed it up.
  • You are able to assemble several parts at the same time.

Receiving awards

An assembled rocket can be sent for one of the three parts required for the Object 279. Once you have collected all tank parts you can assemble it and receive the Object 279 coupon which can be traded on the market or you can activate it yourself.

You can also choose another event vehicle as a prize:

• AU-1 Corsair can be exchanged for an assembled Object 279
  • Sd.Kfz.234/1 or SGB (S309) can be exchanged for one turret of the Object 279.

Turret exchange and other prizes and also the possibility of trading an Object 279 coupon on the market will be available after the 13th of April! Exchange of the Object 279 and AU-1 Corsair is possible immediately.

If you managed first place in battle (winning or losing team), then you will receive scientific data articles. Merge them into collections, to shorten the flight time significantly:

• Small collection of scientific data — 10 articles (flight will take 9 hours)
  • Medium collection of scientific data — 30 articles (flight will take 3 hours)
  • Large collection of scientific data — 50 articles (flight will take 1 hour)

Collections disappear from the inventory after use.

Terms of the special event:

• All items can be obtained in multiplayer gaming modes during the 1st of April “Space Race” event:
    • Ground Arcade, Realistic, and Simulator battles; 
    • Aviation Arcade and Realistic battles;
    • Naval Arcade and Realistic battles.
  • The number of items obtainable in battles is limited:
    • Container — up to 40 per day, and up to 400 for all Space Race period.
    • Fuel and Oxidizer — up to 40 per day, and up to 320 each for all Space Race period. 
    • Scientific data articles — up to 200 for all Space Race period.
  • Items sale-ability on the Marketplace mentioned in their description.
  • Building a rocket and flight to the Moon takes a lot of time. You may shorten the flight time by collecting and using a collection of scientific data. 
  • Special event period:
    • Containers and Scientific data are available in battles from April, 1st (13:00 GMT) to April. 13th (12:00 GMT).
    • Turret of the Object 279 might be exchanged for other prizes through April 20th (12:00 GMT).
    • All special events items, except vehicle coupons, will be removed from your inventory on April, 20th (12:00 GMT). Make sure you’ve exchanged your vouchers before this time!

For PlayStation 4® and Xbox One

The lack of the Marketplace won’t slow your progress. Obtain special items for Golden Eagles right in your workshop:

• “Permission to refuel” — allows you to get extra Fuel and Oxidizer in battles, 4 items for every 10 minutes spent in battles, no restrictions.
  • “Materials” — 22 material items ready to use.

Space Race will last from 13:00 GMT on the 1st of April till 11:00 GMT on the 13th of April

Let's discuss!

How do you like the event and its rewards?

Which vehicles/lineups will you be using to grind this event?

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Glad that it's an old style event, but I probably still need to buy myself most of the way to the Merkava Mk. 2b. 

Any info on the price of the tankers start? 999 GE as usual? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Really nice to see interesting and fun vehicles in an event :) all of them.

But can we have a source for those armaments for the planes? They seem quite over the top. Like that 4x45mm seems like a typo on that Polikarpov TIS MA.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would like some Gaijin official to explain the J6K. First they "remove" multiple tanks from the German tree because they were never built, and now they add this? It never made it past the mockup stage, the Coelian was more complete than this! I have no problem with unfinished vehicles in the game, but show some consistency! Apart from that I would like to see some sources for that armament loadout, because I have never seen 2 20mm and 6 30mm proposed for this plane anywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Firnen_ said:

I would like some Gaijin official to explain the J6K. First they "remove" multiple tanks from the German tree because they were never built, and now they add this? It never made it past the mockup stage, the Coelian was more complete than this! I have no problem with unfinished vehicles in the game, but show some consistency! Apart from that I would like to see some sources for that armament loadout, because I have never seen 2 20mm and 6 30mm proposed for this plane anywhere.

Gaijin miracles.

Coelian shouldn't have been removed really

• Upvote 1

Did you guys read the tankers requirements? o_o

Tanker star — Whilst driving a ground vehicle

• Destroy 55 (28 in RB, 19 in SB) player-controlled enemy vehicles.
  • Get 12 wins (with a minimal activity of 70% or higher).
  • Capture 15 points in ground battles whilst driving a tank or flying a helicopter.
  • Destroy 11 (6 in RB, 4 in SB) player-controlled enemy vehicles in one battle.
  • Help allies to destroy an enemy vehicle 30 times.
Edited by Dodo_Dud
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The J6K was the perfect squadron vehicle for japan, but gaijin always slaps in the face the japanese comunity and makes good/fun vehicles into premium or event.

But when they put a New plane in the japanese lineup you got a variant of existing ones or a useless heavy fighter with a repair cost of a jet. 

4 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

• Capture 15 points in ground battles whilst driving a tank or flying a helicopter.

Yup. I think they're trying to limit the number that get earned by ramping up the requirements.  No bueno.

medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Will be impossible with German 5.7-6.7 but hey

Guess ima stomp at low tier

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Wins take too long to do anyways, so I don't care about that one. And 10 more kills is annoying, sure, but not impossible. They probably increased the requirements since this time around it's a tier 6, BR 9.0 vehicle we can unlock, compared to, say, the AUBL or the T30 from last Christmas.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Goldkoron said:

Will camoflages be possible to sell on market? Going to be out of town during last week of the event.

They usually are.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, icata1 said:

okay  this event is Okay , but i wonder if merkava 2 is 8.7  ill love it :))
also what about the repair cost of that thing ? because merkava and all event tanks incr very much

I mean the article already stated that it is 9.0

Nevermind this it's gone now. 

Edited by dutchrenzo62
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I Have to say the rewards feel really bland.

Maybe I've been playing this game too long and have become very jaded but it feels like we've seen all these vehicals in some form before in a previous event. not to mention the Naval rewards are for the most part copy paste from the tech trees..

But who knows maybe I'm just expecting too much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Dumb and lazy question...

What's the timeframe for this...how long do I have to do this...and how many times?

(Objective would be the cheaper tank)

I am under the impression I would need to do three of the above at least five times (each combo)...

With a standard win rate I will need 24 matches for a star (12 wins, 55 kills and 30 assists)...so about 3 days(usually I play 8 games each day)...that means 15 days for 5 stars...if all goes well...doable?

Edited by *GhostSoph

i am honestly disappointed in the increase of task-difficulty for tanks.....

12wins with 70% activity is a really nasty hurdle in total and if you couple that with 30assists..... well, sucks to be a player that learned to pretty often oneshot thanks to muscle memory... time to unlearn skills you have aquired by playing the game...... something like 15assists or 20 wouldve been enough already, but these high requirements simply mean working people have a much lower chance in total to achieve the stars. guess we will be told next that "using our money to aquire missed stars is an accomplishment" as well (no, i am not against gaijin making money, but these changes are too much!)

55kills, 11/6/4kills are possible as well, but what to do afterwards? does scouting and waiting for a teammate to kill an enemy amount to a real assist that counts? (i am not sure, asking seriously)

12wins could easily mean more than 20matches which will be a really tough nut to crack for those with not as much time, especially over the holidays....

i am no fan of this event

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal