"Space Race" - discussion/lineups/tactics

NoodleCup31

The longer I think about it, the less enticing this event gets. The air and ground requirements were raised. Only ships remain the same.

The first vehicles usually sell for very little on the market anyway. As I showed elsewhere, their premium qualities will fade away quickly, as their SL factors get nerfed. Just look at the MBK-161. Started out with a multi of 2, now down to 1.8. Soon to be less...

The Merkava is not a premium. The japanese have no lack of fighter planes - another one?

So there remains the german pocket-destroyer. That may be interesting. So perhaps I'll just limit myself to the boat section. I certainly won't do the tanks. But have a merry xmas instead.

14 hours ago, Firnen_ said:

They probably increased the requirements since this time around it's a tier 6, BR 9.0 vehicle we can unlock, compared to, say, the AUBL or the T30 from last Christmas.

The T6 is just regular, the others were premiums.

Edited by Dodo_Dud
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

The J6K was at least a real suggestion, and mockups were being made - unlike the 2 German tanks.

This right there is my main problem with this prize. The plane simply never flew, nor was it even actually build (and even less with the fantasy armament indicated in the blurb on Gaijin's site). In other words, no one knows what its stats would have been, its top speed, roll rate, dive speed, structural limits, turn rates and rate of climb are all literally unknown and made up (I assume by Gaijin). How are we going to do bug reports on this thing if need be? It's a complete fantasy plane! 

For the rest, I like the event. I've got holidays going on for two weeks, so I'll sure do at least the tank stuff. Yes, it's demanding, but nothing that can't be achieved, at least for the 5 stars stuff. Even the Merkava might be doable.

Edited by Kasukaru
  • Thanks 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Does anyone know why Merkava is the only non-premium for this event? For the effort that one has to put in, it seems extremely unfair. 

What was the last time they put in a high tier premium tank? And which one was it?

Edited by Dodo_Dud
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

I wish some players would just get over their prototype and fantasy vehicles being removed already.

It's not that they removed them, it's that they had no solid plan to replace them. They had 5 years to think about this since they were never going to be permanent tanks and only third of a year after removal they bring in 1 (leKPz M41) from possible 5 at ± 0,4BR range.

Edited by Taeblamees
medal

Btw: Armament for the planes was changed in the announcement, it now matches what was used/proposed for these aircraft:

TIS MA now has two 20 mm and either two 37 mm or two 45 mm guns.

J6K1 now has six 20 mm and two 13.2 mm guns.

Edited by Firnen_
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, Firnen_ said:

AUBL, this summer.

That is a T5, with two tiers above it at the time of introduction. The Merkava is a T6 if I red it correctly.

I might be wrong but it must be a long time ago that they last gave a "next to top" premium in tanks. The only tank trophies I have collected in the far past were t3 ones, iirc.

Edited by Dodo_Dud

15 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

That is a T5, with two tiers above it at the time of introduction. The Merkava is a T6 if I red it correctly.

Ahh ok. I interpreted "high tier" as tier 5 or 6. In that case, it was probably the Bfw. Jagdpanther and SU-100P all the way back in 2014 xD

Edited by Firnen_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Quacki said:

What? *groan* Oh no, they increased these requirements again! It was a stretch before, but this is insane. 30 assists? God no!

In past events, I would usually go for kills, wins and assists. If I got lucky, I'd get the 11 kills in one round (glad they did not raise this one!) and be done with one star in 2 hours. However, now playing for 30 assists will be very painful. 15 caps is out of the question. My guess is my average time for one star will be around 3-4 hours, which is too long.

The naval requirements aren't too bad if you've got a BR 2+ lineup you like... at a 50% win rate, 100 games for the first boat (20 per day for 5 2-day periods out of 12), 200 for the second (20 per day for 10 2-day periods out of 12). Tank rate is 120 games and 240 games, at 24 per two day period. RB numbers seem better than AB here. Air seems the toughest, tbh, ymmv. Assuming 20 min per match, that's 70-80+ hours of RB game play, so 7-8 hours every 2 days, over 2 weeks for the max prize in one tier, as a planning figure. Four weekends in there, too, so even a casual player shouldn't have to stretch too much for four stars and be in striking range of the first of the 3 low level vehicle coupons if they stick to one mode of play the whole time.

Not saying I wouldn't mind the price in my time be reduced, sure, always: but also a lot of this has to do with the competitor raising their stakes for the freemiums, so WT has the room to do the same and still look like the better option. See Jingles' "Puerto Rico garbage fire" yet? Still prefer this grind to that one. https://youtu.be/lw-GgTEe8RI

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

I wish some players would just get over their prototype and fantasy vehicles being removed already. 

I am fine with it.

We need a few more vehicles  7.3-7.7 to support the uptiered 6.7 lineups but otherwise its starting to look good for new players.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Sergi089 said:

U need to do assists? pick the brits between 4.7-6.7 and done,they cant kill with 1 hit but they can pen almost everything with almost 0 aim skills :good:
11 kills arcade = M6 heavy tank+M18+M4(better if u have the black cat for double m18) or a panther D+A+Tiger or soviet preset with IS1+T34-85+SU85M and GG with no problems(best preset killers)
At least for me the pain in the a.. is for the wins,thats soooo random and i cant do much if me team dont do nothing as ussual

Yes, brits are best for assists :D  Like I said, usually I would go for 11 kills first. In pursuit of this, the 40 kills came automatically. Lastly, I would whip out some british lineup, 4.0 with Churchill Mk. III or 4.7 mostly. The latter can get annoying with all the full 1 BR uptiering, though.

Your lineups are good, another one I frequently go to is German 6.3, with backups on the Jagdpanther. With a bit of luck and the right map this lineup is pure evil; say Cologne Domination facing 5.3, and the Jagdpanther completely dominates the east.

Disclaimer,: I play AB GF mostly.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, yeahboiiiii said:

I agree with your estimate for tanks, but over 48 hours I dont think that's too bad. Also in the past plane and naval tasks I've gotten done very quickly. 

Planes: do the bomb drop task in 1-2 games in arcade, then go to tank rb and do tank tasks, jump in CAS until the assist and 4 kill tasks are complete. I find at early heli tier ~7.7-9.0 you can rack up air kills like no tomorrow.

You are right, it's very doable. I can muster the time easily, and most of the days I play WT anyways. But apart from the time, what also shifts is the intensity of the battles. I concentrate more on getting the tasks and enjoy the game less than normal. I will get frustrated when I finish the battle with 10 kills. Stuff like that. Also, playing at least every other day without misses needs some planning ahead :D. Sometimes I have to move other activities, or play on sunday mornings to get the last few assists.
In total, I know there should be some boundary to getting the price and I totally have the option not to get them, but I try anyways and when I do, it is stressful ;)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Bruce_R1 said:

The naval requirements aren't too bad if you've got a BR 2+ lineup you like... at a 50% win rate, 100 games for the first boat (20 per day for 5 2-day periods out of 12), 200 for the second (20 per day for 10 2-day periods out of 12).

Naval was OK in the summer. Usually going by damage caused, 3x torpedos and 1x first.

Air seems the toughest, tbh, ymmv. Assuming 20 min per match, that's 70-80+ hours of RB game play, so 7-8 hours every 2 days, over 2 weeks for the max prize in one tier, as a planning figure.

In the summer, I found air to be the easiest. Unfortunately, the amount of assists and kills has been increased. I'd go for that and the 10 tons of base damage. If I am lucky, 11 kills end the show early.

Four weekends in there, too, so even a casual player shouldn't have to stretch too much for four stars and be in striking range of the first of the 3 low level vehicle coupons if they stick to one mode of play the whole time.

Yes BUT Economy 101 says that market prices will give you all three low level vehicles as a set for an hour or two of burger flipping at minimal wage. So those vehicles are absolutely no (sane) reason to participate. Either "all out" or "never mind".

Tank tasks are completely out of proportion with the others, and top of that it's even increased for no good reason, if you manage a 50% winrate that's still 24 games you need to play, adding the activity to that makes it bs as you can easily drop just below that 70% if there just aren't targets to shoot, really just a kick in the balls for no reason.. meaning you'll end up playing 4 hours a day just to get those wins.

30 assists is insanity and a dumb task, it's stupid to ask people to not kill their targets and just hit them once hoping it will give an assist, simultaniously you're asking people to get 55 kills, getting required number of kills in a battle requires some luck, and 15 captures is painfull as everyone will rush and you'll be forced to abuse things like the R3 to get it done.

Also rank 6 vehicle for the nation that has the most of them already and definitely does not need them, now US can have a lineup of the M901, XM-1 ,Merkava Mk.1 and Mk.2 and an Fj-4b without ever even playing any US vehicle prior. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

God the M18 spam is coming in...

But really, 26 Kills is something I get done in 3 matches

If you're either a really good player or abuse some OP vehicle, still it doesn't mean it's easy for the average player.

Plus you still need some other task on top of that, regardless of how quick you can do one or two of them.

7 minutes ago, Miragen said:

If you're either a really good player or abuse some OP vehicle

Sadly I don't have the KV-1B haha so I have to use the first option 

7 minutes ago, Miragen said:

still it doesn't mean it's easy for the average player.

Yea

All those people that die 3 times without a kill.

Will be hard for them I guess but if you want a free vehicle you have to put in some effort.

Most people can still get the RAM 3.7 and TIS MA

For me naval can be somewhat challeging.
Either it goes exceptinally quick or i strugggle just to get the 25K damage.

11/40  kills aerial wise in AB..Italian prop from G56 and down br wise
Base bombing might get tricky with everybody wanting to do it but murica, germany and britain as the best choices with their huge bombload bombers(Might use a lancaster and the lincoln this time to get the RP for crew lvls)

Ground battles well all nations(Besides britain) have a specific br where they have a line up that can stumble everything

So overall speaking i stilll only curse naval, as i either do extremely well or make nothing at all

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal