"Space Race" - discussion/lineups/tactics

NoodleCup31

3 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Did you guys read the tankers requirements? o_o

Tanker star — Whilst driving a ground vehicle

• Destroy 55 (28 in RB, 19 in SB) player-controlled enemy vehicles.
  • Get 12 wins (with a minimal activity of 70% or higher).
  • Capture 15 points in ground battles whilst driving a tank or flying a helicopter.
  • Destroy 11 (6 in RB, 4 in SB) player-controlled enemy vehicles in one battle.
  • Help allies to destroy an enemy vehicle 30 times

What? *groan* Oh no, they increased these requirements again! It was a stretch before, but this is insane. 30 assists? God no!

In past events, I would usually go for kills, wins and assists. If I got lucky, I'd get the 11 kills in one round (glad they did not raise this one!) and be done with one star in 2 hours. However, now playing for 30 assists will be very painful. 15 caps is out of the question. My guess is my average time for one star will be around 3-4 hours, which is too long.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, Quacki said:

What? *groan* Oh no, they increased these requirements again! It was a stretch before, but this is insane. 30 assists? God no!

In past events, I would usually go for kills, wins and assists. If I got lucky, I'd get the 11 kills in one round (glad they did not raise this one!) and be done with one star in 2 hours. However, now playing for 30 assists will be very painful. 15 caps is out of the question. My guess is my average time for one star will be around 3-4 hours, which is too long.

U need to do assists? pick the brits between 4.7-6.7 and done,they cant kill with 1 hit but they can pen almost everything with almost 0 aim skills :good:
11 kills arcade = M6 heavy tank+M18+M4(better if u have the black cat for double m18) or a panther D+A+Tiger or soviet preset with IS1+T34-85+SU85M and GG with no problems(best preset killers)
At least for me the pain in the a.. is for the wins,thats soooo random and i cant do much if me team dont do nothing as ussual

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

53 minutes ago, the_suztown said:

Both of those things are in the OP

Tasks reset every 48h killed it for me...I could do it once or twice...five times would make a huge dent on family life...so not worth it...72h MIGHT be possible...48 are not...

I play other games where you have different rates so lower activity players can do it slower...and still get something useful...

This one makes an effort to make sure you play too much...or get nothing!!!

Odd part...I will play mostly other game (ww2tcg) during vacations...where I can actually get something for my time...and play WT LESS (althought I like WT MORE)...objectives SIMPLY not doable to me...so not worth trying... 

55 minutes ago, Quacki said:

My guess is my average time for one star will be around 3-4 hours, which is too long.

Mine would be 3 days...(3 to 6h playtime)...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Firnen_ said:

I would like some Gaijin official to explain the J6K. First they "remove" multiple tanks from the German tree because they were never built, ....

The Tiger 105 and Panther II never even existed in mock-up form - the Panther 2 wasn't even a suggestion historically - if was absolute fantasy.

The J6K was at least a real suggestion, and mockups were being made - unlike the 2 German tanks.

20 minutes ago, *GhostSoph said:

Tasks reset every 48h killed it for me...I could do it once or twice...five times would make a huge dent on family life...so not worth it...72h MIGHT be possible...48 are not...

Got rid of the family a while back :lol2: (and before anyone harps on - kids r grown up, ex is an ex for 20 yrs!)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Panther II never even existed in mock-up form - the Panther 2 wasn't even a suggestion historically - if was absolute fantasy.

but the panther II was designed and made even the prototype still survives in the patton museum so i dont know where you got the idea this tank was pure fantasy altought the model we have ingame is inaqurate as the panther 2 never was meant to have the shmallturm turret as even before designing started of the turret panther 2 was already cancelled and for the turret it has now was taken of a random panther G as a place holder

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor panther 2 patton museum

but on the tiger 105 on the other hand was pretty much fantasy only thing i have found was a simple scetch of the design and thats about it

Edited by lolman03
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Armament of the J6K1 Jinpu is incorrect (as is the model). It's not supposed to have that large bulge around that center pair of cannons and it's armament is only 2x 30mm Type 5 cannons and 2x 13.2mm Type 3 Heavy Machine guns.

6mYCpfz.jpg

From what I can find there were 3 proposed configurations for the Jinpu: 4x 20mm and 2x 13.2mm, 6x 20mm, and 2x 30mm and 2x 13.2mm (which was the specs the mockup shown above was built around).

Edited by Phaere
medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, lolman03 said:

but the panther II was designed and made even the prototype still survives in the patton museum so i dont know where you got the idea this tank was pure fantasy altought the model we have ingame is inaqurate as the panther 2 never was meant to have the shmallturm turret as even before designing started of the turret panther 2 was already cancelled and for the turret it has now was taken of a random panther G as a place holder

You just answered your own question - the Panther 2 in the game never existed even as a concept.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Any clues of which refit the Jaguar is? I'm assuming it's not going to be the mid-30's one, as that will be essentially the same as the Leopard. From the little picture, I think I can make out 4 20mm mounts, which would suggest its 1940 fit with 3x 105s and 4 20mm Flak 38s. She also got an extra 4 20mm in '44  '42. She got a new electronics suite in 44.

Edited by MILESPARVUS
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The only interesting rewards to me are the tanks. That Merkava looks awesome and it would be a good companion to my other Merkava. It's a good thing I have no interest in naval stuff and the planes are absolutely "meh". Then again, the requirements per star are kind of crazy (55 kills, 12 wins and 30 assists) and I refuse to wallet-warrior my way in to an event. I'll probably sit this one out, but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

The Tiger 105 and Panther II never even existed in mock-up form - the Panther 2 wasn't even a suggestion historically - if was absolute fantasy.

The J6K was at least a real suggestion, and mockups were being made - unlike the 2 German tanks.

Which is exactly why I especially talked about the Coelian and not the Tiger 105 or Panther II, which you conveniently decided to cut from my quote...

36 minutes ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

i am under average pilot, 40 kills in arcade is really hard,specially u need to repeat every 2 days , also tank req. is higher than before, why they raise the requirements ! 

Inflation. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Happalula said:

sucks to be a player that learned to pretty often oneshot thanks to muscle memory... time to unlearn skills you have aquired by playing the game

Just play Japan at 6.7 you end up with more assist than kills 

I was thinking 5.0 or 5.3 but then I remembered every Tom xxxx and Larry is using a M18 so that'll be fun during an event watch the win rates increase as the people who play terribly try hard

Edited by SasquatchFox360

24 minutes ago, Shaade_Silentpaw said:

*Buys Merkava Mk.1*

*Gaijin releases better Merkava 2 days later*

FML

I guess you already redeemed it. 

RIP Wallet 

33 minutes ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

All I can say is...I hope my computer gets fixed before then...it had a liquid accident, hope they can fix it...

My backup computer used to be able to run ok...I guess the demands of the game are just too much for it now

Worst case, you buy the ones you missed.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm pleased with the event and all the vehicles except the Jaguar. The type 1924 in game that this is just a copy paste of is quite frankly terrible and with bigger ships coming I can't see any reasons not to add a larger 4.3 or 4.7 premium dd as an event vehicle. I would have also preferred a non-premium cruiser over this.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Quacki said:

I agree with your estimate for tanks, but over 48 hours I dont think that's too bad. Also in the past plane and naval tasks I've gotten done very quickly. 

Planes: do the bomb drop task in 1-2 games in arcade, then go to tank rb and do tank tasks, jump in CAS until the assist and 4 kill tasks are complete. I find at early heli tier ~7.7-9.0 you can rack up air kills like no tomorrow.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Phaere said:

The Armament of the J6K1 Jinpu is incorrect (as is the model). It's not supposed to have that large bulge around that center pair of cannons and it's armament is only 2x 30mm Type 5 cannons and 2x 13.2mm Type 3 Heavy Machine guns.

6mYCpfz.jpg

From what I can find there were 3 proposed configurations for the Jinpu: 4x 20mm and 2x 13.2mm, 6x 20mm, and 2x 30mm and 2x 13.2mm (which was the specs the mockup shown above was built around).

Both the Japanese and Soviet planes appear overgunned relative to any historical material I can find on them. The TIS MA had 6x MG and 2x 20mm as its forward armament in most sources, not 37s or 45s... which would still be tremendous firepower... it would be a shame if they overgunned these two planes just for the sensational value. A pair of 30s for the Japanese plane or 8 nose guns on the Soviet one would already be quite sensational, I would have thought.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal