"Space Race" - discussion/lineups/tactics

NoodleCup31

1 hour ago, Helljumpers said:

lets see how many people will buy the stars to get the required vehicle... :D 

Well you got one here. I'll maybe have time to complete 1-3 of these stars, but I will have to buy the others for the Merkava. I really want the Merkava. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

ill be bum rushing the cap points in my VT1, getting kills with my VFW, the wins/assists will come naturally, an 11 kill game here and there shouldnt be to hard.

For air ill be spaming Do335s, Ju288s, BF110s, 109s, the works,

for navy i have the admiral hipper, the mob destroyer, and the pr406

medal medal medal medal

The 48h limitation looks dumb to me...it turns an "I will make an effort to do it" motivation into a "No sense wasting time" event...to me...

I only wanted the "cheaper" vehicle...and not because i "need" it, just to get "something" useful...and justify some effort...

IMHO...1h per day players should get something "visible" for the effort...i am guessing there are a lot of these in game...

Top vehicles for top players...ok by me...BUT the minimum requirements are a bit skewed by the 48h per star limitation...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel like it wouldn't be a bad idea if, alongside the individual stars, they also had a cumulative progress meter, which couldn't be validated until the event's end but which allowed players to aim for the goals and put more effort in at their own convenience rather than every 2 days. For example I have very little time in the week to invest in the game due to RL activities, but I'm still a dedicated player who likes unlocking content, so I'd be willing to waste more of my free time going for these events. 

For example, to unlock the main air prize, you could do the day-to-day events, or simply have a cumulative achievement of 3 out of the 5:

-400 airplane kills

-100 wins

-100 base boming tons

-10 battles with 11 kills per battle

-100 assists

Perhaps to incentivize people to play the two-day events, you can have the cumulative meters only for unlocking the vehicles, with all other rewards requiring the two-day event stars. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So as the US gets another Israeli MBT when can we expect the Russian to get the Tiran 4 (T-54) and Tiran 5 (T-55) as they are also Israeli.

Its not that I am not excited for the Merkava, but the US already received a Merkava this year and I think that there is enough Israeli variants of tanks for each nation.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Perhaps to incentivize people to play the two-day events, you can have the cumulative meters only for unlocking the vehicles, with all other rewards requiring the two-day event stars. 

I only wished the BASIC vehicle requirements would be more reasonable...

I can understand a top vehicle being hard to get...but getting NOTHING from these events is actually making me ignore them...and i doubt this is good...i see myself as an AVERAGE player and i am assuming there are A LOT like me, that will not even try...

I may be wrong obviously...

• Upvote 1

actually i will going away all arcade, my setup is like this

Spoiler

680925389_shot2019_12_1618_01_18.thumb.j

in Arcade, you can actually easy to clear (maybe) 5 mission but mostly the thing that you can get only 3 mission

the mission is

• Get 12 wins (with a minimal activity of 70% or higher).
  • Capture 15 points in ground battles whilst driving a tank or flying a helicopter.
  • Help allies to destroy an enemy vehicle 30 times.

Pretty much decent line up, but i recommended to use Ostwind for the first vehicle that you must spawn because it has rate of fire even not do much damage but you can get so much assist if you just shoot whatever you see

get 12 wins with minimal activity 70 higher preaty much easy if you do the arcade, you can get every point with Ostwind

get 12 wins, for this one just luck

capture 15 point.... you know what you do

and of course 4.7 is really good BR cos you will see much much more medium or light tank here (i think)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah that's a good lineup, I think mid-tier stuff is the best since you can run the event and not lose money. Normally I use these events to also grind through a tree but considering how expensive that is at top tier, I think I'll just sit back and earn some SL while I'm at it. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 14/12/2019 at 14:20, Dodo_Dud said:

Naval was OK in the summer. Usually going by damage caused, 3x torpedos and 1x first.

In the summer, I found air to be the easiest. Unfortunately, the amount of assists and kills has been increased. I'd go for that and the 10 tons of base damage. If I am lucky, 11 kills end the show early.

Yes BUT Economy 101 says that market prices will give you all three low level vehicles as a set for an hour or two of burger flipping at minimal wage. So those vehicles are absolutely no (sane) reason to participate. Either "all out" or "never mind".

Well, if that's the way you play, enjoy driving away in your new Merkava...

In truth all in-game digital goods, because they are intangible, can be priced low, and there haven't been many things online I don't have the resources to buy, if I'd really wanted them: I just prefer to earn them through play if I can. It means more. But I also appreciate competitions  like this where there's both a partial buy-in and a free-play option, because I wouldn't want to be the mom or dad whose kid is one star short, especially on Christmas...

Gaijin wants more people in their game over the holiday for their own reasons, and I was likely to be spending a little more time in-game than average anyway. So this is a win-win, and I'll enjoy whatever I end up with as a souvenir of that time. But ymmv, and that's cool too. Good hunting.

Edited by Bruce_R1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am a new player (registered ages ago but started playing less than 2 months ago) who will be TRYING to take part in such an event for the first time and I am BITTERLY disappointed that we are not allowed to use rank II vehicles. Now I understand that rank I is open to abuse by skilled players, but rank II should be allowed for the sake of recent players who have neither researched much yet nor are confident/skilled enough to play higher rank vehicles with sufficient effect.

Edited by qpranger
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stavroforos said:

You can never have enough Israeli vehicles. 

Yes, would love the Sherman with 60 mm dart gun.

7 minutes ago, qpranger said:

I am a new player (registered ages ago but started playing less than 2 months ago) who will be TRYING to take part in such an event for the first time and I am BITTERLY disappointed that we are not allowed to use rank II vehicles. Now I understand that rank I is open to abuse by skilled players, but rank II should be allowed for the sake of recent players who have neither researched much yet nor are confident/skilled enough to play higher rank vehicles with sufficient effect.

buy premium vehicle UwU

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Bruce_R1 said:

As has been established in the past, you can't move a premium to a different tree, because people paid for it where it was, and it's best if you honor those kinds of bargains. Hence the Canadian Stuart VI and M4A5 premiums (the only 2 Canadian ground vehicles, so far) will likely be in the US tree forever, and at best only duplicates could ever be added to the British tree. 

That said, there are enough Canada fans out there I would hope they wouldn't compound things by putting a new Canadian-made, Canada-only low-tier vehicle anywhere but the British tree, with a Canadian flag on the stat card, just as they've done for the Canadian boats, Australian planes, the new South African tank car I can only assume, etc. (and, in the case of Israeli vehicles in the U.S. tree, the Merkava for that matter).

No need to remove them from USA tree. Just stop sell those vehicles in US tree. And start sell them in UK tree.

Just like they did with Marcolin's C.R.42 CN. Hs 129 B-2 (Romanian Air Force). Both was in the Ger prem tree before.

And there was other vehicles that was in other trees. And have now been hidden in those trees for new players. And only way to get them is in their new tree.

Gaijin could easily do the same for the Canadian vehicles in the US tree. Hide them there for new players. And add them to UK tree.

I know there are a few that will complain about that. But there will always be people that will complain.

I'm still waiting for Gaijin to add the DB-7 into the FR prem tree. At least i think they should do that. And i know i'm not alone.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, Farmuhan said:

buy premium vehicle UwU

Got a few but I cannot improve by just skipping lower levels.

15 minutes ago, qpranger said:

I was where you are a year ago: it's a valid point. Picked up the game in November, wanted to go for a challenge in Dec.

I got there by grinding one tree to my first T3 before it started (US M24 at 3.3 is one of the tempting options there, but not the one I used) then use the playtime to fill out the tree. By mid-period on a free account you can generally have a competitive lineup for one of the low tiers. Play at low T3 isn't any more sophisticated than tier 2. You also get access to the 2nd warbond challenge in each day, which can help too. If you've picked up any replacement vehicles, now's also a good time to burn them until you have a full 3-vehicle lineup. But if you plan, it's doable. Best of luck if you go for it.

5 minutes ago, Wolf_89 said:

No need to remove them from USA tree. Just stop sell those vehicles in US tree. And start sell them in UK tree.

Just like they did with Marcolin's C.R.42 CN. Hs 129 B-2 (Romanian Air Force). Both was in the Ger prem tree before.

And there was other vehicles that was in other trees. And have now been hidden in those trees for new players. And only way to get them is in their new tree.

Gaijin could easily do the same for the Canadian vehicles in the US tree. Hide them there for new players. And add them to UK tree.

I know there are a few that will complain about that. But there will always be people that will complain.

I'm still waiting for Gaijin to add the DB-7 into the FR prem tree. At least i think they should do that. And i know i'm not alone.

Yeah, they could certainly do that. So long as the vehicles already owned are kept in their old tree, it's fair. Finnish Hawk is another one, now that there's a Swedish/Finnish tree. In the case of the Cdns, US has 3 other good tank options at 3.7, so the M4A5 is redundant there anyway, and the Stuart VI was a gift vehicle that hasn't been offered in quite a while. I hope they do those someday.

13 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

Yeah, they could certainly do that. So long as the vehicles already owned are kept in their old tree, it's fair. Finnish Hawk is another one, now that there's a Swedish/Finnish tree. In the case of the Cdns, US has 3 other good tank options at 3.7, so the M4A5 is redundant there anyway, and the Stuart VI was a gift vehicle that hasn't been offered in quite a while. I hope they do those someday.

There are 2 more Hawk 75's in the files. Or at least skins for them. Hawk 75 A-1 and A-4. They have been in the files for a long time. Wonder if any of them will be TT/GE vehicle for Sweden.

Spoiler

cdk%20us%20h75a1%20finland.jpg?rev=a5060

cdk%20us%20h75a4%20finland.jpg?rev=89296

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, qpranger said:

Realise that the lowest T2 vehicles have BR 1.3. If you allow T2, you will have abuse for sure. You can use some T2 for naval battles.

But also prepare yourself for the "event effect". What is that? For events, the expert players return from their partial retirement. The game gets flooded with better players and people complaining in these pages that Gaijin manipulates the matches, as everything seems hard suddenly. If you are used to win, you suddenly experience losing streaks of epic proportion - as everyone is after wins suddenly. The game feel changes. The event type dictates play objectives which will affect the general flow of play. In other words, don't base your efford estimation on how it is now. It will be much harder as everyone goes for the same goals.

• Upvote 2