"Space Race" - discussion/lineups/tactics

NoodleCup31

9 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

The J6K1 was at least build to the mockup stage and there is enough data to model it. Its also worth noting, it wont ever be available for research (this variant or any) and thus will always remain a rare reward vehicle just like the Panther II, King Tiger 105mm and FlakPz 341 are now for those that own them.

57857675.png

So funny.. :) 

Edited by Gavinny
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Gavinny said:

So funny.. :) 

Im not sure why, as there is more than just Wikipedia unlike the question I was responding to in the entirely out of context and unrelated quote of mine you are referring too that was regarding the F-22 and T-14 Armata. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Miragen said:

You earn these vehicles over an event taking 1-2 weeks, you don't grind out an entire tech tree in 1-2 weeks, especially not ''everything'' 

But then you sell your event vehicles, and buy "everything" you like from that. So if they are considered free, swap them to something else, equally free.

By the way, the merkava will require your attention for a 20 day period, so it is closer to 3 weeks really. In three weeks with free premium(s), you can grind down a tree quite far too.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Why is the Merkava the only non-premium reward? 

Most vehicles of extreamly high power and rank are. For example the Me-262A-2, Merkava Mk I etc

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stavroforos said:

But maybe they should be? It would not be more powerful than the premium 8.7's, for example. 

They are in a different category to the store premiums. Most of these vehicles generally dont return and are considered Rare/Gift vehicles, not premium. 

Its not so much about 1:1 power comparisons. 

13 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

extreamly high power and rank are. For example the Me-262A-2

Extremely high power 

Me 262

Overwhelming armament I guess haha:lol2:

1 minute ago, Wolf_89 said:

Why is UK getting the QF 3.7 Ram? Since all other Canadian vehicles are in US(They should all be in UK)

Splitting them up like this is bad. Especially if you want to make a Canadian lineup.

No idea maybe it was based off the British Grant and not the Lee?

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Extremely high power 

Me 262

Overwhelming armament I guess haha:lol2:

No idea maybe it was based off the British Grant and not the Lee?

Well. It would be based on the same as Ram 2(M4A5) Since its a Ram that they removed the turret and upper part of the hull.

Edited by Wolf_89
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

They are in a different category to the store premiums. Most of these vehicles generally dont return and are considered Rare/Gift vehicles, not premium. 

Its not so much about 1:1 power comparisons. 

Well, if they're not going to be premiums, perhaps they should at least come with all modules unlocked? Just a suggestion. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Well, if they're not going to be premiums, perhaps they should at least come with all modules unlocked? Just a suggestion. 

Indeed. Having another stock vehicle in the garage is nothing that I grind an event for. So I would sell it. Or in my case rather not even grind it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

The requirements were increased because the rewards also increased. 

Previously in Operation H.E.A.T it was a Light Tank as the first reward and an Armoured Car as the second. Now we have a very potent British TD comparable to the German VFW and a full fledged Merkava MBT. 

The Merkava is not a premium tank. Got to get everything researched. :(

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

another suggestion is to make instead of 2 days make it 3 days to complete missions, one for each day to reduce the stress, if u insist on the current requirement @Smin1080p

I wouldn't mind that ... and make it less stars to compensate for extended time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, BuffDrinkLots said:

Pretty sure the requirements weren't this high back when KV-220, Pak Puma and other broken vehicles were on offer.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4156-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-calendar-en it was horrible, i hope that will never be repeated 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4156-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-calendar-en it was horrible, i hope that will never be repeated 

Dunno, only the weekend tasks were kinda rough, but mostly because they had some ridiculously specific things that you had to complete. The weekday tasks were easily completed in a matter of few matches. Actually much more reasonable system for people who work regular Monday-Friday shifts.

Pretty sure there are plenty of people who play WT, but also have a day-job. Obviously some might say they could just wallet-warrior through the event. But whats the fun with that, after all, if the event requirements are reasonable, there is a certain feeling of fulfilment for actually completing the event. Making the event harder by raising the requirements isn't going to do other than cause frustration, as there are still the people who can dedicate insane hours on the game and will get the vehicles anyways. So only thing this smells of is that Gaijin wants to keep the vehicle number scarce, to inflate the marketplace prices.

Edited by BuffDrinkLots
medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, BuffDrinkLots said:

What would be the pen values of the QF 3.7 Ram? What data I've found, it would be in the 160-170mm@10m range. If using Gaijins penetration calculator and assuming it fires a solid shot, (kinda obvious cause British).

Also what I've seen so far, the 3.7 Ram has the same problem as the VFW, where the gunner sight doesn't align with the barrel (shots fly above the sight, parallax effect similar to SB mode), even if barrel sight is enabled in settings. VFW has been in the game for a while already and still hasn't been fixed.

about the same as the 17 pdr with AP.

medal

5 hours ago, Wolf_89 said:

Why is UK getting the QF 3.7 Ram? Since all other Canadian vehicles are in US(They should all be in UK)

Splitting them up like this is bad. Especially if you want to make a Canadian lineup.

As has been established in the past, you can't move a premium to a different tree, because people paid for it where it was, and it's best if you honor those kinds of bargains. Hence the Canadian Stuart VI and M4A5 premiums (the only 2 Canadian ground vehicles, so far) will likely be in the US tree forever, and at best only duplicates could ever be added to the British tree. 

That said, there are enough Canada fans out there I would hope they wouldn't compound things by putting a new Canadian-made, Canada-only low-tier vehicle anywhere but the British tree, with a Canadian flag on the stat card, just as they've done for the Canadian boats, Australian planes, the new South African tank car I can only assume, etc. (and, in the case of Israeli vehicles in the U.S. tree, the Merkava for that matter).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal