Maps, Map design Feedback

Renamed82178

Gaijin please stop making new maps that we can explore into our advantage, it's disgusting. We just want to race in a straight line from spawn to cap point and shoot enemies. :dntknw:
Now seriously, don't you think that enough maps were already ruined?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, sardinha08 said:

Gaijin please stop making new maps that we can explore into our advantage, it's disgusting. We just want to race in a straight line from spawn to cap point and shoot enemies. :dntknw:
Now seriously, don't you think that enough maps were already ruined?

Not really no, I think there are too many spots where people can make huge advantages and no team ever suspects it therefor will never deal with it, and I am done with dealing with it alone :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, NewAgeSoldier said:

Not really no, I think there are too many spots where people can make huge advantages and no team ever suspects it therefor will never deal with it, and I am done with dealing with it alone :)

I think that after you get killed from those spots a few times you will learn to look for enemy tanks there ;) Gaijin has been blocking those spots or removing cover in others but the problem is that they usually prefer to create one sided maps by only doing it on one of the sides.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, sardinha08 said:

I think that after you get killed from those spots a few times you will learn to look for enemy tanks there ;) Gaijin has been blocking those spots or removing cover in others but the problem is that they usually prefer to create one sided maps by only doing it on one of the sides.

Indeed, but I am usually the only one on my team covering the flanks or looking for people on those spots, though I have to admit, I wasn't expecting the Arctic Base map to have a similar spot, though Arctic Base is wide up so easy to counter. However, on Pradesh, you can see that there is too much nature to even spot the vehicle, which did happen in that simulator match.

I had 2 kills from that spot before I decided to just get down from there cause no one saw me even after I said in all chat "This spot is disgusting, B 2!" and no one even looked there, not even the helicopter that was flying around killing off my team xD

6 hours ago, NewAgeSoldier said:

Indeed, but I am usually the only one on my team covering the flanks or looking for people on those spots, though I have to admit, I wasn't expecting the Arctic Base map to have a similar spot, though Arctic Base is wide up so easy to counter

I really like Artic map, you can get closer to enemy without being seen and there are a lot of spots that can cover the routes to cap points. It's good for flanking.

However, on Pradesh, you can see that there is too much nature to even spot the vehicle, which did happen in that simulator match.

They simply did not look there like you did towards them. And remember that not all game modes work like simulator, you'll get a marker instantly in Arcade, trees won't save you.

I had 2 kills from that spot before I decided to just get down from there cause no one saw me even after I said in all chat "This spot is disgusting, B 2!" and no one even looked there, not even the helicopter that was flying around killing off my team xD

I can't read many of the messages from ALL chat, many times I only realize of them when I go check replays. Or they simply never looked to the chat.

5 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

That hill he was on is wide open - there isn't a skerrick of cover and if you are up there you are a free hit to anyone looking.

This is what I first thought when I saw the video. In Arcade it would be impossible to climb like that without being shot. And even if you try to hide while climbing, players will soon learn of those spots and look for enemies there.

6 hours ago, sardinha08 said:

I really like Artic map, you can get closer to enemy without being seen and there are a lot of spots that can cover the routes to cap points. It's good for flanking.

They simply did not look there like you did towards them. And remember that not all game modes work like simulator, you'll get a marker instantly in Arcade, trees won't save you.

I can't read many of the messages from ALL chat, many times I only realize of them when I go check replays. Or they simply never looked to the chat.

This is what I first thought when I saw the video. In Arcade it would be impossible to climb like that without being shot. And even if you try to hide while climbing, players will soon learn of those spots and look for enemies there.

Yes, people will eventually learn of these spots... But, will they ever care enough to look there, that's the main question

• 2 weeks later...

Big question:  Why are the roads in Breslau made out of glue?  Any moderator/developer know why this was done?  (very unfair for wheeled vehicles for this artificially altered map)

Compare to the original Italy where every surface was glass and max speed was achieved no matter.

Edited by CoffeeBean100
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin, open the map borders back up and stop taking away "sniper spots". If this continues, the devs might as well make it just flat open terrain so aircraft can destroy everything with their 50 cal rail guns and laser guided WW2 bombs. I struggle to play more than a few games a week since the emphasis on making large section of the maps out of bounds.

• Upvote 4

Terrible map where it's impossible to push a point because the second you (or an enemy) leaves spawn you just explode. Maps should never have sightlines from spawn to spawn and the map should be changed to have way more hills or just be removed from rotation entirely.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

And to think this map was redone a few updates ago. It's worst now, and I have no idea why they changed it the way it's laid out now. The Jungle map is the same. There is no real use complaining about it, a mod will just lock this and tell you to provide feedback.

Feedback will probably result with a map that is has been redone, but has mud in the spawn so you can't exit quickly.

medal medal

Still not as bad as Berlin Battle (literal 90-10 map win rate), but not too far behind. I'd still rank Carpathians or White Rock Fortress below it, but it really is a bad map. Both east and west sides need more depressions, rocks, and any sort of cover. Ridges near spawns need more exit routes that can't be seen from long distance. The idea of a longer range map is fine, but it needs SOME cover to stop spawn camping. 

• Upvote 1
medal

2 hours ago, _Mr_Fahrenheit_ said:

And to think this map was redone a few updates ago. It's worst now, and I have no idea why they changed it the way it's laid out now. The Jungle map is the same. There is no real use complaining about it, a mod will just lock this and tell you to provide feedback.

Feedback will probably result with a map that is has been redone, but has mud in the spawn so you can't exit quickly.

They made the jungle map lame, you can't flank around the bottom now and it just makes it a boring alleyway shooter that encourages more camping. May as well make it a city map at this point.

I feel fields of Normandy is worse than Mozdok though, it's basically 'move beyond spawn and die' if the enemy team has more than 10IQ and good firing points/spotting. If I am south spawn I just play TD/German stuff and snipe from the hill behind spawn which leads to boring, passive play. If only more people did it then more would hate that map.. I ain't touching the poop on the flat, open, 2km sightline that is a field. 

Edited by N4CR_
medal

Remove Bresalu - PLEASE - I am sure this just promotes the dumbest gameplay EVER (Oh, you win if two players cap A and B - no one ever goes there)

Wow... someone likes Breslau where most matches two caps are completely ignored and teams just spawn rush... then blame the game... :facepalm:

Edited by CoffeeBean100
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 27/10/2022 at 10:58, Malko07 said:

This map is basicaly an infantry map, not suitable for tanks.

This is the main default of lot of WT maps; to promote an unrealistic "tank dogfight" were luck provides 50% of the combat issue.

The only advantage of this map is to provide a good immersion in comparison to Commercial Harbour, Space center, or Alaska (among others!) that are totally out of subject.

I actually like AF a Lot. And I like those more CQC oriented Maps in general.

Edited by richthofen122
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

Rocky Canyon in Air RB is in a rough place. Could it maybe be changed so that you can't get it when you are in 2.0 Plane?
Please just change it so that it conforms with the other EC maps at higher tier? flying 20 minutes for nothing is not really a great experience.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Why is the map rotation not random? (ground RB)

You can play dozens of battles and not see certain maps, while  many times you can get the same map 5 times in 10 matches...

If we cant choose the map we play on (which is ridiculous), at least make the map rotation truly random.

Edited by DrFlankySpanky
  • Upvote 2
medal

11.7 Really need more EC and large maps. Small maps are a huge issue for 11.7 top top tier, its a cluster mosh pit and games are over way to fast. You have very little oportunity to use your plane at its capabilities and enjoy it. EC maps are really the place for 11.7 Aircraft (including F-14 that also should go to 11.7). Please enter more large maps into cycle for 11.7 aircraft. 

medal medal medal medal medal