Maps, Map design Feedback

Renamed82178

I have suggested Gaijin to make a map design tool and make a competition for players to make (maybe only rough) sketches for the game and reward people some golden eagles. 

Let the player who want make maps, do it and earn a little buck while doing it, that way War thunder will get more maps, Gaijin will save some money/time and players will be happy.

Win/win/win

• Upvote 3
medal

1 hour ago, Gruminator said:

Let the player who want make maps, do it and earn a little buck while doing it, that way War thunder will get more maps, Gaijin will save some money/time and players will be happy.

Considering that we will ever see them. We have a lot of maps, each with several versions, but we get the same maps over and over. It's still a great idea to have some maps made by players the same way we got some player made vehicles though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Gruminator said:

I have suggested Gaijin to make a map design tool and make a competition for players to make (maybe only rough) sketches for the game and reward people some golden eagles. 

Win/win/win

Players should be able to make their own content with the CDK

That being said, you would more than likely only see sniper or camping maps being made... one thing the Devs want to avoid is having everyone hide/camp in their base

And why would there be anyone left in the spawn point after 2 mins anyway ?!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pacifica said:

Players should be able to make their own content with the CDK

That being said, you would more than likely only see sniper or camping maps being made... one thing the Devs want to avoid is having everyone hide/camp in their base

And why would there be anyone left in the spawn point after 2 mins anyway ?!?

I don't want people to be able to unload the maps directly to the game.

I want people to be able to make.. let's call them premaps, maybe of known locations that Gaijin off course have to retweek and polish.

My idea is not to reward everyone and their hamster if they just upload trash, but reward the selected few who put their heart and soul into the map.

Look at the modding in games like Rimworld, people are using hours/days/weeks/months and sometimes years on perfecting the one mod.

Iet lets say 300 people made a map with said tool and just 5 were good, it's still 5 good maps for Gaijin to use.

Edited by Gruminator
medal

Honestly with how awful the map rotation is at every tier, i understand why people just leave after one death now and well.... if you can't beat them, join them

My ground battles map rotation across all brs the last few weeks have been as follows  

Most common: Berlin, Artic pier/port, small/winter Poland, Middle east, Sweden, Breslau, Alaska, ash river, frozen pass, Aral Sea, Stalingrad, Japan, and all versions of Sinai,

somewhat common: cargo port, space port, small Normandy, small Maginot, Hurtgen, Karelia, Mozdok, port novo, sun city, abandoned factory.

very rare: Large Poland, European province, Fire Arc.

it has been several months since i have gotten Red Desert, Large Maginot, Surroundings of Volokolamsk, or fulda........I have these maps liked, why do I never get them?

and to add to that I have Japan, Stalingrad, Advance to the Rhine and Sweden disliked yet they are the ones i seem to get the most......and don't bother asking about Golden quarry and Pradesh because i have not seen them once yet 

To be blunt..... the current map voting system gaijin uses is awful, one big cosmic joke. The only part of it that actually works is the map ban, but hey that's a premium feature so of course it does.

I can tolerate smaller more congested maps at low/mid-range BRs but at higher tiers....... nah forget it i will gladly take a crew lock or leave after one death if i dont have the SP to hop in a helo or plane to do CAS/Anti-CAS, because by the time you die on those tiny maps at BRs above 8.3 the match is already done, no point in sticking around so I might as well leave.

Unless gaijin fixes its map, rotation and gives us proper BR based maps and removes that awful horridly map voting system, I don't see anything changing and most people will continue too just leave after one death..

• Upvote 3
medal medal

certain maps some sniping locations, now d!ckbl0cked with timers, thanks has if those now timed blocked locations would do significant change to battles outcomes...

that sure took the fun away from players that used them

gaijin taking lessons from world of tanks and wargaming?!?

medal medal medal

10.0 and UP Air RB Keep it the big maps <3

To add a little extra feedback, It's just too claustrophobic. 

Love yea!

Edited by OkIES
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 16/01/2023 at 00:58, JUMBO_TITAN said:

Mozdok is very sucks.

Yeah. that's really

Mozdok was a great map before the cut edges to make it a regular arcade battle map.

Even in SB mode the reduced the size in "battle mode" making it almost impossible to flank.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

The slipperiness of the ice has gone too far.  I was playing on Stalingrad last night, and my position above the shore allowed me to spot an enemy light vehicle driving on the ice.  In trying to get a shot at the target, I lost traction (AMX-32) and slid down onto the ice, as well.  I spent the rest of the battle stuck down there, as I couldn't attain enough traction to get onto solid ground in one of the ravines.  With further testing in custom battles, I found that a fast wheeled vehicle was able to build up enough speed to reach solid ground.  I have qualms about the amount of traction that wheeled vehicles now have, when compared to tracked vehicles, but that's another topic.

It may be that players aren't meant to be driving on ice, but I suspect that there would be better ways to indicate that to players, if so.  I was excited about the previous changes; which certainly made driving on the ice more difficult.  It made ice travel more of an obstacle than a shortcut.  The impact of the latest changes for certain maps, however, would suggest that it's too extreme.

medal

On 04/01/2023 at 05:18, Pacifica said:

That being said, you would more than likely only see sniper or camping maps being made...

Huh, I wonder why people would make many sniper maps, it's not like there is absurd lack of those in top tier where they would actually be decent to play and it's not like a lot of the community has been asking for such maps for higher tiers for years by now. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 01:53, llSolitairell@psn said:

Instead of map bans if I can get a feature that gave me nothing but Sinai and Maginot I'd be down for buying premium

Opt-in queue where you tell the game : "I want to play this map, this map, this map, or this map." And it waits for a match created on one of the selected maps to put you in. That way people can't complain about the queue time since they willingly put themselves into this specific queue.

Personally I'm down to wait 5 minutes to get a game on big Maginot rather than take a combined 90 minutes of crewlock across ten matches that end up being on these dreadful 1700*1700 map...

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

February map design and rotation feedback:

Everything sucks.

Maps are unbalanced, most of them have exposed spaw points.

Design is utterly garbage.

Rotation is garbage as well, 3 times in a row poland winter is enough.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

New design of the map «winter» killing the eyes and Camo on the vehicule (bust) aren't correctly ajust too. (finland you've snow on it, not on Bastogne, poland, etc.)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 27/02/2023 at 17:06, Rupert64 said:

I wonder that there is no discussion here (or I missed it :crazy:) about the ridiculous speed of tanks on snow maps. They changed the resp. values so that even on streets you are slower now as on snow...

If it is winter - and the ground is frozen - the speed should be higher.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal