F-4F, AIM-9L

N1thecaptain

3 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Its towards the upper end of its BR bracket (11.0) in terms of efficiency currently if we are referring to the Late model. 

Thanks for the info:salute: 

and in general? Because 11.0 likes to fight against 11.3:B10: 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Dontkev@psn said:

Thanks for the info:salute: 

and in general? Because 11.0 likes to fight against 11.3:B10: 

Even from 10.0 (the lowest possible it can face) to 11.3 (the highest possible it can face) its still in the upper quarter of the whole range in terms of overall efficiency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Smin1080p said:

Even from 10.0 (the lowest possible it can face) to 11.3 (the highest possible it can face) its still in the upper quarter of the whole range in terms of overall efficiency. 

Okay, thanks again mate:)

That's not the answer which I expected:lol2:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Falaxion said:

@Smin1080p is this AirRB only or really overall? Because i get the feeling since it's still really effectife at Ground RB that this pushes the overall efficiency? 

it is probably mixed with ground rb which i believe to be the only reason for this.

medal

On 12/10/2022 at 12:48, Smin1080p said:

By what metric are you able to see that the F-4F is performing in the top 25% of all planes? Furthermore, what does that even mean? Does that mean its the bottom of the top 25%? Middle? How are you measuring its average performance compared to other top tier planes? How often is it played? Is that taken into account at all? 

Sorry if this is a barage of questions but when I only ever see no more a single F-4F in matches, and never see it do better than F-14s and F-4Js I just cant square it being in the top 25% of planes. Is this another example of the average for a vehicle being used but the average being skewed because of lack of players and lack of average players owning the vehicle? This is frustrating. 

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, jacejax said:

By what metric are you able to see that the F-4F is performing in the top 25% of all planes? Furthermore, what does that even mean? Does that mean its the bottom of the top 25%? Middle? How are you measuring its average performance compared to other top tier planes? How often is it played? Is that taken into account at all? 

Sorry if this is a barage of questions but when I only ever see no more a single F-4F in matches, and never see it do better than F-14s and F-4Js I just cant square it being in the top 25% of planes. Is this another example of the average for a vehicle being used but the average being skewed because of lack of players and lack of average players owning the vehicle? This is frustrating. 

secrit gaijin calculations...

i dont believe that the amount of battles/players is taken into account whatsoever. if it was, minor nations would have ridiculous brs and rep costs like they currently do.

medal

agree with this topic i mean why put it on 11.0 when it can't even BVR (i didn't even mention JA37 with PD radar sit at 11.0)

at least give F4F late AIM9L don't hurt anyway at least it worth playing for while (now why should people get F4F late in German TT when they have Mig23 MLA which way better)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/10/2022 at 21:41, Smin1080p said:

Its towards the upper end of its BR bracket (11.0) in terms of efficiency currently if we are referring to the Late model. 

Will the F-4F Late receive AIM-9L's in the near future? I don't think I'm the first nor the last person to be telling 'you' this, but the statistics are usually over/underinflated but so far, the times I've seen the F-4F Late in ARB, they would instantly die - the amount of time that I see is also extremely low (like 1 every 10 matches) which would mean that very few people use them.

Edited by Columbina
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

On 12/10/2022 at 21:51, Dontkev@psn said:

Okay, thanks again mate:)

That's not the answer which I expected:lol2:

That is mostly due to bombing and the fact that the F4F is rarely flown due to having no SARH missiles. But here, we don't balance by logic, we balance by how much money players make because them having fun is a thing we don't want.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...

devblogs for final update of this year should be dropping soon, mostly the final year updates are big. So gaijin, please give the F-4F the 9L's coming update.. It is so excruciatingly painful to play the F-4F against anything that has BVR missile's (mainly the damn F-14).

The F-4F is just useless as anything other than cas or a bomber, which you still die 90% of the time before you reach a base because the whole enemy team just targets you since you're an easy kill

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal