Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

Faster_Boiiiii

Best answer

i think the Meteor also deserves its own post as the primary long range weaponry of the 3 Eurocanards but I haven't really looked into that too much yet so I'm lacking sources.

@MBDA_Meteor  do you have any to share?

25 minutes ago, Faster_Boiiiii said:

i couldn't find any pictures of that. its either AIM-120A/B or Meteor. couldn't find anything with clipped fins

According to the Secretary of State for Defence the RAF have fired the AIM-120C-5 from the Typhoon on multiple occasions:

The defence select committee also confirm it was planned to enter service (and has since then):

We also know from the manual that the Tornado F.3 used AIM-120C-5 so it seems very unlike that the Typhoon wouldn't be able to:

Spoiler

FB1jYkZ.png

Edited by Flame2512
medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Flame2512 said:

According to the Secretary of State for Defence the RAF have fired the AIM-120C-5 from the Typhoon on multiple occasions:

The defence select committee also confirm it was planned to enter service (and has since then):

We also know from the manual that the Tornado F.3 used AIM-120C-5 so it seems very unlike that the Typhoon wouldn't be able to:

Hide contents

interesting.

lots of typos lol but fair enough. just weird that there are no pictures of it

medal

• Technical Moderator
55 minutes ago, Flame2512 said:

Pretty sure these are AIM-120C-5s:

Foe3FLgWAAEQriB?format=jpg&name=large

Clipped fins means its atleast a C-5

1 hour ago, Lord_Prism said:

Let me dig through my files but I believe it was a purchase receipt that included the C-5 among others  

AIM-120C-8 are being purchased as part of the F-35 deal, cant find anything beyond that

https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/major-arms-sales/germany-f-35-aircraft-and-munitions

medal

1 hour ago, BagelIsMyWaifu said:

AIM-120C-8 are being purchased as part of the F-35 deal, cant find anything beyond that

https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/major-arms-sales/germany-f-35-aircraft-and-munitions

i wonder if some of those weapons are going to be tested on eurofighters. like small diameter bombs or jassm-er.... the quantity seems like its a one time thing with no interest in using those as the "main weapons". i mean... 75 sidewinders?

medal