E-100 Addition(updated)

Fat_Cop_

So I have been thinking alot recently about the E-100 being added to War Thunder. Even though the tank was only a chassis at the time, it was still a tank not to be taken lightly. The E-100 would be a tank that would usually tier up with the Maus'. 

The whole idea of the E-100 being in the game can change how users play in high tiers. The tank itself is much like the famous Maus, but with less armor and more speed. The gun I have in mind is the 15 cm Kw.K. L/38 gun mounted on the tank. but this may be just replaced with the maus' 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L/55. With the 15 cm gun can come with nasty reload speeds

The engine (Maybach Neues Projekt) (40 km/h (25 mph)) will be by means more powerful than the maus' (DB 603 A2).

The armor on the E-100 is less on the sides and rear making it more exposed to enemy flanking, although the front is as armored as the Maus.

Again the turret will be the Krupp turret and will have more at the front but still less in the sides and rear. I also expect the very anti-sloping of the armor on the turret to make it even weaker than the Maus' turret.

The traverse speed would be faster due to the E-100 being lighter than the Maus. 

At this point the E-100 is looking alot better than the Maus gun wise and speed wise. But to balance it out I think that there should be less armor in the gun mantlet. Kind of exposing the ammunition.

This would greatly prepare Germany for more. Russian Post-War tanks and Post-War America.

The tank should be researched off of the Maus, The RP cost could be around 410,000 - 500,000. 1,300,000 should be the lion cost, being branched off of the Maus.But it's totally up to you how you put it into the branch, that is just my suggestion.

Pros: 

Fast mobility

Great gun

Good frontal-armor

Good traverse

Cons:

Bad side armor

Bad gun mantlet armor

Bad reload

The E-100 is a force to be reckoned with and should not be taken lightly, it might even be better than the Maus. I just know it will be a kicker out there in battle ~FAT_COP<3

070809_IS-7_vs_E-100.jpg

• Upvote 24

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion.  :salute:

Maybe you want to find some more information on the specs of this particular vehicle and add some more pictures. 

i currently don't care about German tier V at all but I would actually try to grind it for this tank

because it look so good compare to the maus

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

If I would want the E-100 in the game I would rather support the one which was already passed to the devs. One of the reasons is this:

But to balance it out I think that there should be less armor in the gun mantlet. Kind of exposing the ammunition.

Armor thickness should never be changed just for balancing. WoT does that and that's why most of us left that. Gaijin changes the reload time for balancing and even that's unneeded imo.

The other reason I don't like half built/paper/proto vehicle suggestions is that they might end up like the current Panther II we got in the game. It has the wrong transmission, engine and turret and even with a huge support the thread about fixing these is still in the suggestion section.

• Upvote 3

I actually brought up that bit on another topic http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/214724-gustav-and-ratte/

As for the E-100.... yes please!

Ratte will probably come on April Fools. I've already suggested that once... 

medal

agree with the addition of E-100, but proposals exist four types tower to it.

you show only one

e_100_tiger_maus__krupp_turret__by_drunk

3 views for E-100 Tiger-Maus

pz125.jpg

and 3 view for E-75/E-100 Krupp

knyta9.jpg

I personally prefer this version (even ter a few forum members call her fake)

75369014.jpg

54591665.jpg

63621897.jpg

The other alternative, I think it would be the E-75 with 128mm cannon

0000215_germany-wwii-e-75-heavy-tank-wit

lighter, faster, more agile  more info here: http://www.desertwar.net/entwicklung-series.html

I Hope this helps with content that I posted.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

agree with the addition of E-100, but proposals exist four types tower to it.

you show only one

e_100_tiger_maus__krupp_turret__by_drunk

3 views for E-100 Tiger-Maus

pz125.jpg

and 3 view for E-75/E-100 Krupp

knyta9.jpg

I personally prefer this version (even ter a few forum members call her fake)

75369014.jpg

54591665.jpg

63621897.jpg

The other alternative, I think it would be the E-75 with 128mm cannon

0000215_germany-wwii-e-75-heavy-tank-wit

lighter, faster, more agile  more info here: http://www.desertwar.net/entwicklung-series.html

I Hope this helps with content that I posted.

Cheers

In reel exist just two types of turrets for the E100 ... the original turret who was developet by Adlerwerke AG (and not Henschel), but where all documents get lost durring the conquer of the factorys truth the Americans and the turret from the Pz.Kpfw. Maus who should get fitted after a Order from Hitler himself ... for example shows the numbers 1 + 2 + 4 different artistic interpretations of the look of the Adler turret while number 3 shows the Maus turret ...

And sorry, that the E75 should get a 12,8cm KwK is just a internet theory who exist since the time who World of Tanks brings the E75 with a 12,8cm gun ... in real this tanks was planed to get fitted with a 8,8cm KwK L/100 or the 10,5cm KwK 46 L/68 ... you know, the Tier 5 Tiger II (who was in reel a planed but never realized combat performance upgrade) already have the turret of the E75 ...

• Upvote 2
medal

so many unfinished tanks, with no development and testing, any of their statistics could have been subject to change and correction. there's so little reliable material to work with, i do not think e-series tanks are a good idea at this time.

• Upvote 31

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/195276-entwicklung-series/

This idea has already been passed to development. 

Nearly any argument that could possibly be made for or against can already be found in that thread. I highly doubt there is anything more to add to this conversation as already it is mostly the same pictures, diagrams, and ideas as posted in the previous thread.

With that said the only thing to have changed since is that there is now a Maus which accomplishes exactly what the E100 would and came much closer to production. I don't see any reason to add this tank at this point as it would only be redundant, remember the devs said they would only add prototypes or other non production vehicles if there was a need and a niche unfillable by production vehicles, which there was and they filled with the Maus. But don't get me wrong the Maus is a fun tank and it is a blast to play but we don't need another tank just like it.

As has been stated by another poster previously in this thread the E75 is a complete paper tank and it pretty much already exists in game in the form of the Tiger II with the 105mm. Only in WoT is it conceivable for the upgunning that takes place for each tank, though we will never know what the E75 would even have looked like it is next to impossible to assume it would ever mount a 128mm gun, which will be the same argument against the Tiger II 105 by those posters who take the line if we have the Tiger II 105 we can have an E75 128 because it is just as impossible to mount the 105 in KT turret. Its all been said... Good luck and good tanking.  

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would love to see the E-100 added, but not with the 'maus' turret, but the Heinschell one.

That would make me grind straight to the beast. 

In that 'other game' where I could mod the 'face' of my tanks, I was using my E-100 with

the Heinschell turret mod, and was loving the sight of it. Such a beauty.

As much as I hate proto tanks,

I'm going to pick the lesser of two evils and say go for it. It's either this, or more BS king tiger vs T54.

If you can find data to model this tank extremely accurately.

but for the love of god, DO NOT START ASKING FOR WAFFLETRAKTORS.

Edited by Aerobane
  • Upvote 1

Here is the spec of E-100 obtained from Encyclopedia of German Tanks: LOL. They event nerf Maus's front turret into 220 mm based on paper tank. They will never add this into the game.

E100.jpg

Here is the spec of E-100 obtained from Encyclopedia of German Tanks: LOL. They event nerf Maus's front turret into 220 mm based on paper tank. They will never add this into the game.

E100.jpg

And i see from the beginning a problem with this "document" ... Henschel was not the developer and manufacturer of the E100 ... the tank was develope and build by the Adlerwerke AG (former H. Kleyer AG) in Frankfurt am Main ...

medal

has been passed to development therefore tankers russians and americans, stop crying, be men and the fight against them.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/195276-entwicklung-series/

This is exactly what happened in the last thread. This isn't about what country you prefer to play in that thread or this one though for whatever reason proponents of the e-100 love to make it about that. Its not about being men and fighting against them. I am a proud german tanker in this game even though german tanks tend to fall short of their opponents I still love them and I still own in them, at least in arcade.

Opposing the E-100 is about what tanks should be eligible for inclusion in the game and fighting those that simply want a cut and paste of the ridiculous WoT tech trees. The Eseries is the work of modeling companies and speculative german tank publications. They make for great models and fantasy tanks for fantasy tank games. They don't belong in this game and that is by the statements of the developers themselves. Once again we have already passed this to the devs and we still have no announcement for the E-100. 

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The day the E-series get's introduced is the day I uninstall.

You have to draw a line somewhere and this fantasy-crap is not needed.

If I want fantasy I play WoT. Can we have ONE game not being dragged down by all those fantasy-tank nonsense?

(And yes..the E-100 is a also a fantasy tank. A half finshed chassis doesn't even make a protoype. It's a crap tank twice the weight of the King Tiger but using the same engine/transmission. The thing would have been slower than the Maus, had greater ground pressure and is just generally a xxxx tank. I don't care what engine MIGHT have been or not, fact is the half-finished hull had more King Tiger parts in it then E-100 parts. It would have sucked).

Edited by Bombastikus
  • Upvote 7
medal