1.95 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

24 minutes ago, Capt_Rodgers said:

What do you think about F-104 and their mods? What performances do they have?

Should be fast, with great acceleration and awful maneuverability. G perfectly fits current meta, S is probably too powerful(better engine -> faster and with even better acceleration).

Italian F-104(G, S and ASA) are devided into interceptors(advanced missiles and no Vulcan cannon) and fighter-bombers(Vulcan cannon and no advanced missiles).

There is a good Russian post about differences between G and S(Google Translator will help) : http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/590-f-104s-f-104s-asa-f-104s-asa-m-итальянские-старфайтеры-матчасть/

F-104S suggestion btw has just passed for consideration:

PS don't know much about other versions.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Psusennes said:

Well, a Swiss tech tree does not make much sense, likewise a Swedish. Although there are countries that operate Swedish tech mat, it does not mean that you have to open the nation. If you bring a Gripen to the game, assign it to the countries operating it. So far Gripen E is still a paper aircraft.

You will not open a Swiss tech tree, even if we operate F18, Tiger F5, Leopard 2A1, and other materials.

But I agree, I'ld love to have a Swiss map, F-18, PC-21, Hunter, Mirage IIIRS (Swiss version), Vampire, Venoms, P51, BF109, Morane, ...

A swiss like me

(the mirage 3s instead of rs maybe)

3 hours ago, magazine2 said:

When EE Lightning is added, this would be such an amazing in-game profile picture to be added. Make it happen. 

Hide contents

Image result for british cold war jets"

Maybe start with giving French Italian and Chinese profile pictures first. There's even a cool suggestion in the miscellaneous section (just saying)

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

So apparently Sweden is on the allied side for reasons.

In air SB Sweden was not put into any "WWII teams". It was teamed with US and fights against USSR in Afganistan/Vietnam/Civil War China maps. So if you want to fly the Finnish WWII planes, well your teammate doesn't really make sense, but at least the enemy does. And while Gaijin might skip the "WWII lineups" entirely in Air SB, they really have to pick the side for tank SB. Personally I see only one right option there, but I'm not sure if it is the same one which Gaijin is thinking.

Another thing why I don't necessary like to see the Finnish airplanes under Swedish tree is the possibility that many of the much used planes could be divided into 2 different trees. For example the Bf 109s had a very big role in the Finnish Air Force during WWII and I would really like to include them to my Finnish lineups. But is Gaijin going to include them into the Swedish tech tree?

6 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Sweden doesn't make more or less sense on any team at any period in the game's history, but if the Finish component of the tree is more than just a single premium plane then at least its WWII vehicles would have to go on the Axis team. 

Also Sweden somehow agree with German rase view because they are blondie nordic bois

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Sweden doesn't make more or less sense on any team at any period in the game's history, but if the Finish component of the tree is more than just a single premium plane then at least its WWII vehicles would have to go on the Axis team. 

That is something what I have also been wondering. Are they really putting the Finnish vehicles to the new tech tree or was the Pyörremyrsky just one random occasion? As far as I understand, they didn't exactly say that Finnish vehicles will be present there in bigger numbers?

Edited by esapekkis

Just now, esapekkis said:

That is somethign what I have also been wondering. Are they really putting the Finnish vehicles there or was the Pyörremyrsky just one random occasion? As far as I understand, they didn't exactly say that Finnish vehicles will be present there in bigger numbers?

Hopefully we'll see a Swedish Air Tree presentation at some point so we can see what it's going to be like. I don't think they'll include many Finnish vehicles in the main tree, and only as premiums, but that's just a hunch, not something that I can back up. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

IMO they should be able to be on either team, just never on the same team as the Russians.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not sure if it means anything but in the test drive flying the Swedish 109 allies AI are BF109s so maybe they will be axis?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Firnen_ said:

IMO they should be able to be on either team, just never on the same team as the Russians.

No, they fought with the Axis in WWII, so they should go with the Axis for WWII games. For more modern games, then IDK, Cold War Finland was neutral but in the Soviet sphere, even though they weren't nominally a Soviet ally. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Should be fast, with great acceleration and awful maneuverability. G perfectly fits current meta, S is probably too powerful(better engine -> faster and with even better acceleration).

Italian F-104(G, S and ASA) are devided into interceptors(advanced missiles and no Vulcan cannon) and fighter-bombers(Vulcan cannon and no advanced missiles).

There is a good Russian post about differences between G and S(Google Translator will help) : http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/590-f-104s-f-104s-asa-f-104s-asa-m-итальянские-старфайтеры-матчасть/

F-104S suggestion btw has just passed for consideration:

PS don't know much about other versions.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

No, they fought with the Axis in WWII, so they should go with the Axis for WWII games. For more modern games, then IDK, Cold War Finland was neutral but in the Soviet sphere, even though they weren't nominally a Soviet ally. 

Sweden fought with the axis? That's certainly news to me...

(I'm obviously going under the assumption that there won't be more than a handfull of Finnish vehicles on the tree.)

Edited by Firnen_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Psusennes said:

Well, a Swiss tech tree does not make much sense, likewise a Swedish. Although there are countries that operate Swedish tech mat, it does not mean that you have to open the nation. If you bring a Gripen to the game, assign it to the countries operating it.

So far Gripen E is still a paper aircraft.

Although i largely agrre on neutrality bit  i would point outA paper aircraft by definition would be a blueprint that has not been physically built.

The gripen e is at this point beyond prototype phase and would fall under as of now into a limited production category, but since contracts for over a hundred are already signed for brazil alone ( not counting plana for swedes or other nqtions) alone it won't be long before it can be considered a mass production aircraft.

Brazil has already a few that they finished evaluating  in august of 2019, the last of four which was representative of what is to be the standard production  model and have accepted the aircraft into service. There are already  first 15 being delivered before 2020, enough for a squadron.

Suggestions Passed to the Developers - October 2019

Edited by Eanrol

24 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

They fought with Germany obviously. 

No they didn't. If you understand the motivation of Finland at all, they had no particular love for the Germans or the ideology. They just really, really didn't like the Soviets. The Germans happened to be fighting them at the time, ergo... 

They were a country who had just been aggressively invaded by another foreign power on false pretenses and then had to give up part of their country to not lose it. They understandably wanted revenge and take back what was theirs. Some interesting notes about Finland in the Continuation War are that the Finnish commander (Mannerheim), refused to advance further into Soviet territory than Finnish Karelia, which they took back from them. He just wanted to take back what they had lost even when they were winning. The Finns also proclaimed they wouldn't let a German invasion of Sweden go through Finland. What does that make it sound like where they stood on the matter?

29 minutes ago, RanchSauce39 said:

The gripen e is at this point beyond prototype phase and would fall under as of now into a limited production category, but since contracts for over a hundred are already signed for brazil alone ( not counting plana for swedes or other nqtions) alone it won't be long before it can be considered a mass production aircraft.

Gripen E exists, it's just not in Service yet. Here's what it looks like.

Spoiler

Saab_Gripen_NG.png

• Upvote 1
medal medal

11 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

F-4Es and F-104s incoming. 

F-4E, F-4EJ, F-4F and F104s in 1.95 would be great.

Edited by Fireraid233
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Stridswombat said:

No they didn't. If you understand the motivation of Finland at all, they had no particular love for the Germans or the ideology. They just really, really didn't like the Soviets. The Germans happened to be fighting them at the time, ergo... 

They were a country who had just been aggressively invaded by another foreign power on false pretenses and then had to give up part of their country to not lose it. They understandably wanted revenge and take back what was theirs. Some interesting notes about Finland in the Continuation War are that the Finnish commander (Mannerheim), refused to advance further into Soviet territory than Finnish Karelia, which they took back from them. He just wanted to take back what they had lost even when they were winning. The Finns also proclaimed they wouldn't let a German invasion of Sweden go through Finland. What does that make it sound like where they stood on the matter?

Which is exactly why I suggested either team as long as they are not fighting with the Soviets.

From what I know on the topic, which granted is not all that much, Sweden themselves were more leaning towards the allied side anyway. They had plans to help liberate Denmark and Norway, trained Norwegian resistance fighter, and so on.