1.95 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

3 minutes ago, Hyrikul said:

It's more Scandinav nation than Swedish, so ?

hm well yeah seems like it, i just dont get it why they had to split up the next nation onto multiple trees. and just to take a region (scandinavia) to make an own tree makes no sense for me. but nevermind

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Aquila_Nera said:

Grom, I propose this again to you and to the Gaijin team, previously I posted this on the main update page. War Thunder is a historical game, why are swastikas and fascist lictor censored? We are in 2019 and we still worry about censoring the symbols from history. Germany has made 6 million deaths in the camps, it is known that the USSR has made about 6 in Ukraine alone, not to mention the other millions killed in the gulag .. so, if a criminal symbol like the hammer-sickle is not censored, why not put aside this political correct and use historical symbols for all countries in a historical game?

That's the law in Europe. Do you want them to get in trouble?

• Upvote 5

Just now, stefffff1871 said:

hm well yeah seems like it, i just dont get it why they had to split up the next nation onto multiple trees. and just to take a region (scandinavia) to make an own tree makes no sense for me. but nevermind

Because its the tree that makes the most sense for them to go in and they have to go somewhere.

medal medal

1 minute ago, TheAntiAirGuy said:

I wonder if Sweden will get the Saab 35 with update 1.95 or later.

As I've already mentioned they will. It has a mach 1.6 variant. Some form of it is practically guaranteed as its well within the span of the game even if the mach 2 versions of it aren't.

1 minute ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

That's the law in Europe. Do you want them to get in trouble?

*Germany. Not Europe.

medal medal

6 minutes ago, Hyrikul said:

It's more Scandinav nation than Swedish, so ?

Don't think so. It's like Britain - we have Australian, New Zealand, and Canada vehicles (very limited, but still some) in the main tree. And of course, a handful of Australian premiums. Calling Sweden the "Scandinavian" tree would be like calling Britain the "Commonwealth" tree - there are vehicles from other places, but not enough to change the entire tree's name, e.g. you wouldn't really call Britain the Commonwealth tree when 99% of the vehicles are British and 1% are Commonwealth - same with the Swedish tree, well, most likely. 

13 minutes ago, gszabi99_HUN said:

@magazine2: Knowing the Swedish ATT is coming in 1.95, maybe you could add these to the main post:

H-75A-1

Reveal hidden contents

H-75A-4

Reveal hidden contents

Pe-3bis

Reveal hidden contents

H-75A-3

Reveal hidden contents

H-75A-6

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks - added.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NoodleCup31 said:

Well.

2 were removed.

1 of them (Paper 2) was a meta vehicle and should get a worthy replacement.

Are you gonna talk about that the entire life of this thread like you did on the 1.93 thread? Take a break :my_precious:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CK_16 said:

- F-104 for Japan(?)

I'd personally prefer to skip that and go straight to the F-4EJ, F-104G/J is a worse aircraft than the F-4's currently in game and the later Mig-21s and also has worse electronics then T-2. I'd also like the AH-64DJ for Japan as the the AH-1S is garbage now. 3km TOWs when other more recent premium Helis have 8km Hellfires and possibly AAMs.

Edited by Phaere
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

Don't think so. It's like Britain - we have Australian, New Zealand, and Canada vehicles (very limited, but still some) in the main tree. And of course, a handful of Australian premiums. Calling Sweden the "Scandinavian" tree would be like calling Britain the "Commonwealth" tree - there are vehicles from other places, but not enough to change the entire tree's name, e.g. you wouldn't really call Britain the Commonwealth tree when 99% of the vehicles are British and 1% are Commonwealth - same with the Swedish tree, well, most likely. 

Thanks - added.

well gaijin always had not a real system behind where to put a vehicle of a smaller nation. 

3 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Well.

2 were removed.

1 of them (Paper 2) was a meta vehicle and should get a worthy replacement.

aha? i still dont see a reason why there need to be new 6.7 vehicles?!

2 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

Are you gonna talk about that the entire life of this thread like you did on the 1.93 thread? Take a break :my_precious:

this time it was probably my mistake because i asked him

Edited by stefffff1871

11 minutes ago, Aquila_Nera said:

Grom, I propose this again to you and to the Gaijin team, previously I posted this on the main update page. War Thunder is a historical game, why are swastikas and fascist lictor censored? We are in 2019 and we still worry about censoring the symbols from history. Germany has made 6 million deaths in the camps, it is known that the USSR has made about 6 in Ukraine alone, not to mention the other millions killed in the gulag .. so, if a criminal symbol like the hammer-sickle is not censored, why not put aside this political correct and use historical symbols for all countries in a historical game?

Russian law doesn't allow swastikas, Gaijin is a Russian company. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@magazine2

Could you please sort out the datafinds for NAVAL:

Germany:

• Scharnhorst (CDK find)

Russia:

• Kronshtadt (CDK find)
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (CDK find)

USA:

• Alaska (CDK find)

magazine2 (Posted )

Is there evidence? Please post.
medal medal

10 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

Be prepared for German Bias™ :)

4 minutes ago, ShadowRangerCZ said:

Scharnhorst (CDK find)

Really?

10 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Russian law doesn't allow swastikas, Gaijin is a Russian company. 

Isn't there some kind of special case for "educational" purposes?

In Germany there is one and you can request permission for that.

I am sure War thunder would get one as it isn't really that violent.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Really?

It will be tanky but the guns are meh compared to Alaska and Kronshtadt.

medal medal

24 minutes ago, stefffff1871 said:

i still dont get why they had to put finland to the swedish

The problem is that on its own, the Swedish tree has a number of gaps that are not easily filled.

Historically, Sweden was late to the 'let's rearm our forces' game like most of the smaller European states; especially on the engine front they were a bit short-handed, with the Bristol Mercury , Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp and Piaggio P.XIbis being their main engines for a long time.  This gives a lot of good Tier I and lower Tier II aircraft, but spreads things a bit thinly in the higher Tier II to Tier IV range, when types such as the J21A (DB605) and North American P-51B/D appear.

Additionally, Sweden had a lot of tanks, but again Tier I to lower Tier II (Stridsvagn M/38, M/39, M/40 and M/41 were all armed with 37 mm, the M/42 was armed with a 75 mm, the Stridsvagn 74 was an upgrade on the M/42 design with the same gun.)

Slotting in the Finnish would solve a lot, it adds types such as the Bf 109G-2 & G-6, VL Myrsky and  Pe-3 which bridge some of those gaps in the aviation three, and T-34 (1942), T-34/85 and StuG IIIG which bridges some of the armor gaps.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Be prepared for German Bias™ :)

Really?

Isn't there some kind of special case for "educational" purposes?

In Germany there is one and you can request permission for that.

I am sure War thunder would get one as it isn't really that violent.

The is one in Germany but the use of these symbols might not get your game banned but it still has influeneces on age rating and such stuff. Gaijin simply doesn't want to go to these lengths of work and maybe even loss of money due to a higher age rating just because a completely unnecessary graphical detail. If you want completely historical skins there is a fair number on WT live.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@magazine2

Alaska, Kronshtadt and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya are all mentioned in datamine you added into OP they just aren´t sorted out:

Spoiler
  • New ship texture files. - Source: "New Ship Weapons Files Found In 1.93":
  • turret_100mm_mz16_twin, turret_152mm_mk17_twin, turret_305mm_mk15_triple - Kronshtadt class BC (CDK find)

• turret_127mm_skc34_c34 - Type 1936B Destroyer (according to the other datamine, but it was also used on Type 34 and 36s) (CDK find)

• turret_305mm_mk8_triple - Alaska class CB (CDK find)

• turret_37mm_46k_quadruple - Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya in 1942 (Source) (CDK find)

• turret_40mm_mk1_quadruple_shield - This makes no sense since the quad 40mm Bofors was designated Mk.II. (CDK find)

• Texture updates for British destroyers' 102 and 120mm guns (found on Tribal, etc.). (CDK find)

• Texture updates for PT boats' 37mm M4. (CDK find)

• lifeboat_ussr_pr371_admiral - Admiralty class service vessel, found on larger ships. (CDK find)

• lifeboat_japan_daihatsu_landing_craft (CDK find)

And Scharnhorst turrets are here in CDK:

Spoiler

2022613816_Snmekobrazovky(357).thumb.png

• Upvote 1
medal medal

2 minutes ago, OzyrysD said:

You guys know that we have medal with this class on it? 

1875879404_Beztytuu.png.12e20fd9c3890ab6

Sorry for quality, i don't have unlocked it yet.

i actually wonder how the english name for this badge was ehm "invented"

afaik in germany this badge had nothing to do with the High-seas-fleet (hochseeflotte) but only with the Kriegsmarine

4 minutes ago, Kanyiko said:

The problem is that on its own, the Swedish tree has a number of gaps that are not easily filled.

Historically, Sweden was late to the 'let's rearm our forces' game like most of the smaller European states; especially on the engine front they were a bit short-handed, with the Bristol Mercury , Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp and Piaggio P.XIbis being their main engines for a long time.  This gives a lot of good Tier I and lower Tier II aircraft, but spreads things a bit thinly in the higher Tier II to Tier IV range, when types such as the J21A (DB605) and North American P-51B/D appear.

Additionally, Sweden had a lot of tanks, but again Tier I to lower Tier II (Stridsvagn M/38, M/39, M/40 and M/41 were all armed with 37 mm, the M/42 was armed with a 75 mm, the Stridsvagn 74 was an upgrade on the M/42 design with the same gun.)

Slotting in the Finnish would solve a lot, it adds types such as the Bf 109G-2 & G-6, VL Myrsky and  Pe-3 which bridge some of those gaps in the aviation three, and T-34 (1942), T-34/85 and StuG IIIG which bridges some of the armor gaps.

i understand that but imho finland doesnt belong in that tree. 

4 minutes ago, ShadowRangerCZ said:

@magazine2

Alaska, Kronshtadt and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya are all mentioned in datamine you added into OP they just aren´t sorted out:

Reveal hidden contents
  • New ship texture files. - Source: "New Ship Weapons Files Found In 1.93":
  • turret_100mm_mz16_twin, turret_152mm_mk17_twin, turret_305mm_mk15_triple - Kronshtadt class BC (CDK find)

• turret_127mm_skc34_c34 - Type 1936B Destroyer (according to the other datamine, but it was also used on Type 34 and 36s) (CDK find)

• turret_305mm_mk8_triple - Alaska class CB (CDK find)

• turret_37mm_46k_quadruple - Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya in 1942 (Source) (CDK find)

• turret_40mm_mk1_quadruple_shield - This makes no sense since the quad 40mm Bofors was designated Mk.II. (CDK find)

• Texture updates for British destroyers' 102 and 120mm guns (found on Tribal, etc.). (CDK find)

• Texture updates for PT boats' 37mm M4. (CDK find)

• lifeboat_ussr_pr371_admiral - Admiralty class service vessel, found on larger ships. (CDK find)

• lifeboat_japan_daihatsu_landing_craft (CDK find)

And Scharnhorst turrets are here in CDK:

Reveal hidden contents

2022613816_Snmekobrazovky(357).thumb.png

Wow

Scharnhorst turrets with wreck texture

U sure they are not decoration on some map in game?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hopefully this patch will bring every other nation, closer to being balanced with the main three.

Can't wait to get home from work and try out the new toys!

Edited by Tubby_Vermin
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

CV90 would be interesting in GF, given the Swedish version has a 40mm Bofors autocannon shooting APFSDS.

40mm Bofors APFSDS hits around 100mm at 60 degrees penetration, so that's a stronk cannon.

Edited by SunsetShimmers
medal medal

Just now, NoodleCup31 said:

Wow

Scharnhorst turrets with wreck texture

U sure they are not decoration on some map in game?

Can you please react without sarcasm when you know completly nothing about some subject?

For your information the texture files are in psship_weaponry which is dedicated to weaponry for player controlled ships. If it was map asset it would be somewhere else and all textures looks like this it is because when the ship is destroyed the camo for that ship is made invisible and this texture appear.

Example Kirov and Krasny Kavkaz turrets:

Spoiler

2041144086_Snmekobrazovky(358).thumb.png

1180732078_Snmekobrazovky(359).thumb.png

• Upvote 2
medal medal