Minor nations that could be added to the German air tree to breech the gap between Mig-29 to the Eurofighter

MaggyYolokrau1

12 minutes ago, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

yes juts like Taiwan and China or Germany and GDR... welcome to WT clown world 

They share ethnic/cultural identity, which is at least easier to understand than the other examples you mentioned.

If you want a sub-nation for Germany, it will be good to convince others if you explain how the country relates to Germany. Just "because I need that" is not a good reason, even if this is a game.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, SaabGripen said:

They share ethnic/cultural identity, which is at least easier to understand than the other examples you mentioned.

If you want a sub-nation for Germany, it will be good to convince others if you explain how the country relates to Germany. Just "because I need that" is not a good reason, even if this is a game.

And the Netherlands/Switzerland/Austria/Denmark don't share ethnic or cultural identity ties with Germany? 

Edited by Lord_Prism
medal

6 minutes ago, Lord_Prism said:

And the Netherlands/Switzerland/Austria/Denmark don't share ethnic or cultural identity ties with Germany? 

I NEVER claimed that those countries had nothing to do with Germany. It is not my duty to explain that any country has anything to do with Germany.

I'm talking about the other cases MaggyYolokrau1 mentioned (Korea for Japan, Egypt/Jordan/Saudi/Syria for Israel, Poland for Russia).

medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, SaabGripen said:

I NEVER claimed that those countries had nothing to do with Germany. It is not my duty to explain that any country has anything to do with Germany.

I'm talking about the other cases MaggyYolokrau1 mentioned (Korea for Japan, Egypt/Jordan/Saudi/Syria for Israel, Poland for Russia).

Ahhh then that would indeed be a bit... controversial to say the least (Ukraine in Russia would be wonderful fireworks to watch tho)

• Upvote 1
medal

On 8/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

who says that cant change? 

Italy and japan need such a thing desperately.

why make the game shittier just to for fill some arbitrary historical nonsense, just look at all the Argentinian vehicles that are in the German TT the "exception" dose not exist. 

On 8/31/2022 at 6:42 PM, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

what?

so only two nations get to have fun? 

you know that you just killing that game with that sentiment, you need players to fill top tier. Same reason why i want Korean added to Japan it makes the nation way more completive and fun.

Besides that i was well aware about that and that's the reason why i finally made the thread to address this, but then i have people like you that some how cant deuce that out of the threads topic. 

Iv gotten now more comments crying about how you don't get another aircraft and the Eurofighter Prototype (witch i appreciate its interesting reading up on it) but pleas if you don't have anything else to say waist your time some where else.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:28 PM, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

again i do not really care about politics or conflicts between two nations that's something for IRL not a videogame. you could also throw Poland and Ukraine in to the Russian tech tree i wouldn't mind.

Its about how to keep a tech tree kompetitive and fun. 

It  isn't really fun playing a nation that is just a RP piñata for others because "it didn't have the right equipment for that time period". Sooner or later Israel will have the same Problem and just like Japan or Korea they don't have any close friends besides the US. 

I am not the first to deviate from the topic of "Sub-nations for Germany".

Italy and Japan, and Poland/Ukraine for Russia obviously you claimed first.

To clarify my position once again:

• Dutch for Germany: I'm not against this.
  • Other cases that you mentioned: No.

It would be better to focus on Germany you want, rather than drawing much controversial examples.

medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, SaabGripen said:

It would be better to focus on Germany you want, rather than drawing much controversial examples.

good than why do you bring this up? 

On 20/01/2023 at 21:50, SaabGripen said:

By your logic, Egypt/Jordan/Saudi/Syria should be added to Israel to fill the gap in Israel.

Mechanically merging neighboring countries to have everything just doesn't make sense at all.

when i was agreeing with this 

On 16/01/2023 at 19:11, Cpt_Bel_V said:

In current state, i feel like both community sides of those country needs to be called on a vote.

On 16/01/2023 at 20:28, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

this will probably be the most uncontroversial solution

the conversation about that topic was already over. 

you came her for a fight not me. 

Edited by MaggyYolokrau1
  • Confused 2
medal medal

10 minutes ago, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

good than why do you bring this up? 

when i was agreeing with this 

You said you don't care about Poland/Ukraine for Russia as well as Israel.

And I am against those cases, NOT a sub-nation for Germany. Is it difficult to understand?

10 minutes ago, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

As long as you don't retract that claim, anyone can comment on that. Because he/she/it (Cpt_Bel_V) doesn't represent everyone against your point.

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MaggyYolokrau1 said:

Quoting us from 8 days ago? And you think we're looking for fight, when all i say is "we need vote from japanese and korean peoples" ? 

You are pretty funny indeed, but not interesting enough to pick up a so-called fight,...

Buddy,... i don't know what is wrong with you, in the current discussion time,... but you might slow down,... 

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Lord_Prism said:

@SaabGripen @MaggyYolokrau1 Lets all take a step back, and take a break

agreed 

21 hours ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Quoting us from 8 days ago? And you think we're looking for fight, when all i say is "we need vote from japanese and korean peoples" ? 

You are pretty funny indeed, but not interesting enough to pick up a so-called fight,...

Buddy,... i don't know what is wrong with you, in the current discussion time,... but you might slow down,... 

i was agreeing with you not trying to pic a fight with you... 

• Confused 1
medal medal

On 20/01/2023 at 22:53, Lord_Prism said:

So your argument is "well I don't think Germany needs a subtree" Brits didn't need one, they got one anyway. The Netherlands are militarily quite close to Germany, use German equipment and would breath some new air and fill out gaps in the TT quite well, as well as adding some unique Dutch designs/modifications 

Can we get a Dutch perspective on this @Evo3s ?

Yea, the Dutch do have some pretty fun and unique vehicles, if we're looking at tanks you could see some jeeps with recoilless rifles and imo it only makes sense to add the Dutch to Germany since the Dutch have really close ties with Germany (so far as sharing a battalion of Leopard 2's together and developing/using the Fennek and Boxer together), so the Dutch vehicles would complement the German one's

And yea, getting to see Fokkers in the game would be really nice (also because my dad worked for Fokker), I don't necessarily know what the Fokker F-104 could bring more, but it does look different from the German one, that and it would help fill out the top tier part of German aviation a bit (though you could like I said make a Germanic tree of it to help that, and as luck would have it the Dutch too are Germanic) since Germany does not have much left anymore (Typoon and some upgrades, Tornado and some upgrades and later on F-35 but that's it)

• Like 1
medal

On 23/01/2023 at 07:02, mr_boo said:

i'm not against adding new content, but it's a bad idea in this context to add a subtree to a country that doesn't need it when it can have its own planes or just a single foreign one while ruining the country that got added as a subtree (in this case the netherlands which would definitely not benefit from being compressed into a subtree when most of its planes are from WW2 or before, when germany and the netherlands were definitely not friends)

The whole last part of your argument falls flat tbh, whilst Germany and Netherlands weren't friends back then they are now and for a while already. But even then, why would being friends matter or not? We're not talking about the politics here.

The Dutch and Germany are heavily working together and have developed some vehicles together so it would only seem reasonable to add the Dutch as a subtree, and I as a Dutchie can tell you I really wouldn't mind to see it going into the German tree, the Dutch are by far not a big army nor do we have much equipment (for sure during ww2), so that's why it would best just be added to Germany

Same with Belgium, they aren't big and most part of Belgium speaks French so adding Belgium to France would also help France with the latter part of the tree where there won't be much to add anymore

On 23/01/2023 at 07:20, SneedySneedBoy said:

Difference is I believe the JA37 physically can carry Sparrows while the ICE cannot. Correct me if I'm wrong

Yea, F-4F ICE can't carry sparrows. It only carried AMRAAM's (Just like the TT F-4F historically used 9L's but Gaijin refuses to make it even slightly competetive at 11.0, tho it is now 10.7 which is nicer than before)

medal

On 24/01/2023 at 20:18, SaabGripen said:

Would it already be a good enough argument then for the Dutch to be added as a subtree to Germany because they are heavily working together (and sharing a panzerbattalion of Leopard 2's) and that the ethnicity and cultures are pretty similar, next to filling a gap in the latter part of the tt when the time comes?

medal

4 minutes ago, Evo3s said:

Would it already be a good enough argument then for the Dutch to be added as a subtree to Germany because they are heavily working together (and sharing a panzerbattalion of Leopard 2's) and that the ethnicity and cultures are pretty similar, next to filling a gap in the latter part of the tt when the time comes?

I love expressing opinions with rational grounds like this.

I knew that the Netherlands and Germany were forming forces together, and I was expecting a convincing reason like this to be presented.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, Evo3s said:

The whole last part of your argument falls flat tbh, whilst Germany and Netherlands weren't friends back then they are now and for a while already. But even then, why would being friends matter or not? We're not talking about the politics here.

The Dutch and Germany are heavily working together and have developed some vehicles together so it would only seem reasonable to add the Dutch as a subtree, and I as a Dutchie can tell you I really wouldn't mind to see it going into the German tree, the Dutch are by far not a big army nor do we have much equipment (for sure during ww2), so that's why it would best just be added to Germany

why should it get added to a nation that doesn't need a subtree when a perfectly viable benelux tech tree is possible and considered?

just because they share a battalion?

• Confused 2
medal

Well...for Germany we could still get:

-Alpha Jet

-several Tornados

-F-4 ICE, which could be split into an early and a late variant, one without the IRIS-T and one with it

-Mig-29 NVA

-Mig-29 G

-Eurofighter

Depending on whether Germany will really purchase F/A-18 or F-35, these are possible, too.

I don't see an intolerable gap here.

The problem I can see is that Gaijin will probably add everything far too late to provide a balanced top tier experience or withhold equipment like the IRIS-T to make life easier for US and RU mains.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, PointyPuffin said:

Well...for Germany we could still get:

-Alpha Jet

-several Tornados

-F-4 ICE, which could be split into an early and a late variant, one without the IRIS-T and one with it

-Mig-29 NVA

-Mig-29 G

-Eurofighter

Depending on whether Germany will really purchase F/A-18 or F-35, these are possible, too.

I don't see an intolerable gap here.

The problem I can see is that Gaijin will probably add everything far too late to provide a balanced top tier experience or withhold equipment like the IRIS-T to make life easier for US and RU mains.

we can get a max of 2 more tornados, one IDS ASSTA 3.1 with better weapons than the ASSTA 1 and the ECR with HARMs.

do NOT xxxx split the F-4F ICE. ONE vehicle. while IRIS-T might be nice, i'd argue that it should only be added to the F-4F when gaijin inevitably overtiers it because of amraams.

we're not buying f-18, never announced to do so but we have announced the purchase of F-35As to replace the aging Tornado IDS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

28 minutes ago, PointyPuffin said:

-Eurofighter

For this they could do several ones as well. The latest ones have not much in common with the first Typhoon models, which even had another name back then (Jager 90).

Just now, Faster_Boiiiii said:

we can get a max of 2 more tornados, one IDS ASSTA 3.1 with better weapons than the ASSTA 1 and the ECR with HARMs.

The IDS ones  could use HARMs as well.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Thodin said:

which even had another name back then (Jager 90).

that was before it entered service and even before the prototypes ever flew

6 minutes ago, Thodin said:

The IDS ones  could use HARMs as well.

well yes

but you know gaijin

Edited by Faster_Boiiiii
medal

Was there any discussions about vehicles that the Germans sold to other nations after they used them, and those nations upgraded them to better versions? For example, I know the Germans sold a bunch of their Alpha Jets to places like Morocco. Would those be viable?

medal medal

17 minutes ago, Ghost_Xiphidion said:

Was there any discussions about vehicles that the Germans sold to other nations after they used them, and those nations upgraded them to better versions? For example, I know the Germans sold a bunch of their Alpha Jets to places like Morocco. Would those be viable?

Those should be just as viable as the Leopard 2 PL and the C2A1.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/01/2023 at 20:25, Lord_Prism said:

Not really,... they're seperated countries,...

Being allies, or even good commercial partners do not ensure the ethnic/cultural ties to be there.

See today, USA having those with many nations, yet completely different cultures from their partners/ex-partners

Many oriental countries do have a lot of share with USA, this doesn't mean they're inclined to it, such as Turkey or Iran(back in the days),... 

The ethnicity of european nations, regarding the late 19th century, and all the 20th, make it clear that germany do not have a complex ethnical, cultural ties with such countries, some only appeared to be allied with it, to avoid being reduced by Germany itself (Netherlands fought off the German in WW2, Switzerland did protected frontiers from any german which crossed borders,as well as french or american doing the same, Denmark was still under it's violent defeat from 1864 did not participate and let germans going through it's borders, to invade norway or use it's navy against U-K) or for others and historical politic/militaristic reason (like Austria as Austrian Empire)

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal