Minor nations that could be added to the German air tree to breech the gap between Mig-29 to the Eurofighter

MaggyYolokrau1

3 hours ago, x_Shini_ said:

Most recent development is that they wont, they will only get the H145M, partialy with current devlopment that only missle slingers are needed and you dont need a spohisticated platform for that, that being said i want an assault heli they just look cooler and are more fun

Well they also said the H145M is an interim solution, either waiting for the US's new heli program to finish or to develop an independant Attack Helo themselves if I had to guess

medal

4 hours ago, MythicPi said:

I fundamentally don't understand why Germany keeps making decisions that seem to go against every other nation militarily... It blows my mind

its not "against every other nation militarily", other countries do similar things for the same reason which is "owning" the technology and having the knowledge of that kinda stuff.

look at Eurofighter ECR for example. its being developed just for us and a large part of that is having the knowledge so we can apply it to future projects and of course keeping the money in the economy instead of "giving it to someone else" if you know what i mean

medal

8 minutes ago, Faster_Boiiiii said:

its not "against every other nation militarily", other countries do similar things for the same reason which is "owning" the technology and having the knowledge of that kinda stuff.

look at Eurofighter ECR for example. its being developed just for us and a large part of that is having the knowledge so we can apply it to future projects and of course keeping the money in the economy instead of "giving it to someone else" if you know what i mean

Theres no problem doing inhouse development, but stupid stuff like not having a chin gun on your heli for example is just idiotic and goes against basically any other major military helicopter design.

medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, MythicPi said:

Theres no problem doing inhouse development, but stupid stuff like not having a chin gun on your heli for example is just idiotic and goes against basically any other major military helicopter design.

the UHT having the chin turret was deemed too expensive IIRC, post cold war Bundeswehr was working on a bit of a shoestring budget functionally. A chin turret would've increased maintenance costs with RND costs ontop of that  

medal

19 minutes ago, Lord_Prism said:

the UHT having the chin turret was deemed too expensive IIRC, post cold war Bundeswehr was working on a bit of a shoestring budget functionally. A chin turret would've increased maintenance costs with RND costs ontop of that  

couldnt they just adopt the proven Giat turret from the other tigers?

medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, MythicPi said:

couldnt they just adopt the proven Giat turret from the other tigers?

Nope, GIAT would have to much vibrations that would basically render the mast sight useless. Mounted on what amounts to a long stick after all

medal