[Battle Pass] Meet Her Majesty's Hussar, the 11th season of Battle Pass

OrsonES

As far as I understand the ability to convert boxes to WB was removed at some point from any new boxes they implement. So you can buy older boxes and convert them instantly but the newer patch boxes won't ever be available for converting.

You can nowadays also convert all the skins (non event ones) for 25 WB even if you cannot convert the boxes you get them from. So if you are not sure which boxes can be converted and which cannot: you could always just buy skins and convert them instead.

Edited by esapekkis
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Wow, so much wrong on the internet today...

3 hours ago, Waelse said:

I am not sure you can convert chests you have bought at the market.

Yes you can.

1 hour ago, esapekkis said:

As far as I understand the ability to convert boxes to WB was removed at some point from any new boxes they implement. So you can buy older boxes and convert them instantly but the newer patch boxes won't ever be available for converting.

No, they just don't let you convert the last three chests yet. Nothing's been removed and eventually the newer chests will be added too. It's been that way since they added conversion.

3 hours ago, SkySo1dier said:

Would you know which chests are eligible for conversions?

Just buy the oldest update that's selling for 0.10 GJN, and you can't go wrong. Right now that's "Night Vision". (If you ever need to know the release order, look at the filter on the market page, all the updates are listed there in reverse order.)

Edited by Bruce_R1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

sooo, ive tried to see if i could do some torpedoing, and they queue was just ****.

So these fleet challenges is just a waste?

I suggestion to next PB, let us have 2 choise in every challenge so we arent forced to play something we don't like.

I know Gaijin hopes it will make more people see the light, but this will have the opposite effect.

i will hate fleet battles even more with this.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 29/04/2023 at 16:56, Gruminator said:

I know Gaijin hopes it will make more people see the light, but this will have the opposite effect.

I agree with you there, nothing will make me skip naval more than bad unfunny challenges.

Edited by Belenor85
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/04/2023 at 00:56, Gruminator said:

sooo, ive tried to see if i could do some torpedoing, and they queue was just ****.

So these fleet challenges is just a waste?

I suggestion to next PB, let us have 2 choise in every challenge so we arent forced to play something we don't like.

Hey, don't know if you are open to suggestions. In a way the torpedoing is the easiest now that is has ever been due to numerous player ships controlled by a script. 

If you are rather starting in the coastal tree, the very best boat for this task is VS-990: https://wiki.warthunder.com/V-990 I think she is cheap to research and to buy. Pair her with a destroyer to up the chances that you face blue water fleet and you should fly through the challenge in no time.

Naturally, we can debate if one uses PT-810 (my fav), PT-15 or an S-100 for this task, but I trust the very best one size fit all for a person who doesn't play naval is VS-990. 

PS The reason for PT-810/PT-811 being my favorites is the torpedoes these boats carry. They have the about 1000kg of explosives (the highest amount for a boat in game) guaranteeing a kill if the torp hits. Also, their torps are fast and have great range. On map such as Japan, you can sneak into the destroyer span area and have 4 kills with just one game, provided those destroyers are scrip-driven and kinda just sit there with fingers up theirs... This happens to me routinely on Japan when I am in a PT-810, so I speak from experience. And here is the issue - this mode requires knowledge of meta. For those who have it, the task can be done in 5-10 games, which is great. But for those who barely play naval, yea, I can see this being an issue.

Edited by SkySo1dier
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator
18 hours ago, SkySo1dier said:

PS The reason for PT-810/PT-811 being my favorites is the torpedoes these boats carry.

What is the BR you set?

@ BR or .3 or .7 more?

On 01/05/2023 at 06:25, SkySo1dier said:

If you are rather starting in the coastal tree, the very best boat for this task is VS-990: https://wiki.warthunder.com/V-990 I think she is cheap to research and to buy. Pair her with a destroyer to up the chances that you face blue water fleet and you should fly through the challenge in no time.

I took this hint. V-990 Libelle took me 3 matches. Uptiered it to 4.3 and switched to arcade (torpedos/boats even faster and auto-reloading torpedo ordnance). First match I sunk 5 destroyers, Second one 3, Third one 3 as well. Task done.

• Like 2

Big game hunt took me 5 games, 3 with Germany around VS-10 / V-990,but I got the entire German navy researched, so I used US for 2 more games, PT-810 / PT-811. Just before I opened that challenge I actually did the daily medium task with whaleman task.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, _azi_ said:

It is a bit frustrating though when you get a torpedo hit, the target is sinking but everybody is shooting at it and you get only an assist. 1/3 of my torpedo kills were stolen from me this way.

You have 2.5 months to complete the challenge.  

Wait a few weeks and come back to it, by which time most of the people you are trying to compete with now would have moved on.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

It's early yet, but I put together a post on the math behind Masterful Sabrage and some things you need to think about, particularly if you're going to try this in a mid-BR bomber: 

Bottom line is, mid-BR has some issues you'll need to think about for sure. Otherwise BR 8-8.3 and an Il-28 or a Canberra B Mk 2 could be a better option for some. I'd be interested to see other people's thoughts on how to attack this in that thread.

4 hours ago, _azi_ said:

This new thread should be merged here imho.

As the author, I'd prefer it didn't because it'll get buried in nonsense, like everything else in general chat.

I'm going into detail on air-only mechanics, like how to calculate minimum slant range for an approach run, which could be useful for other problems too (knowing how to keep out of a SAM launcher's slant range uses the exact same math). So an air forum seems the best place. Put it here, it'll just be a lot of people saying, "Pe-8 Duuuuuuude!!!" interspersed with the ongoing debate over which vehicle will be the most sellable and Why Naval Sucks, page #4328.

Edited by Bruce_R1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruce_R1 said:

As the author, I'd prefer it didn't because it'll get buried in nonsense, like everything else in general chat.

Yet you have posted link to this thread here, like it belongs here or like you want to direct people to your thread to bury it in nonsense.

Just saying It is inconvenient to have stuff quite specific to BP in two separate places.

1 hour ago, _azi_ said:

Yet you have posted link to this thread here, like it belongs here or like you want to direct people to your thread to bury it in nonsense.

Just saying It is inconvenient to have stuff quite specific to BP in two separate places.

Hyperlinks are our friends. You found it, other people will too

I didn't put all my naval aiming guides in General chat either, same reason.

Edited by Bruce_R1

As I see a player must be an expert matematician, a dedicated marksman, an ace pilot and tank commander and an excellent captain of ship, somekind of superman, in order to be successfull in these challenges.

I'm sorry I'm not any of these. Just playing a game which should be funny and relaxing for anyone. Not generating frustations, anger and fury. Thnak you. 

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Ira_Melanox said:

As I see a player must be an expert matematician, a dedicated marksman, an ace pilot and tank commander and an excellent captain of ship, somekind of superman, in order to be successfull in these challenges.

The point is you do not have to be all of this things as long as you are willing to spend just a little bit of money.

P2W is not the way.  A basic/annual subscription for a "free to play" game is ok for me, but artificially make challenges harder(besides premium vechicles) in order to obtain more, is a "little bit" greediness.

But not first time for this company. Thank you for suggestion.

Edited by Ira_Melanox

23 hours ago, Ira_Melanox said:

I'm sorry I'm not any of these. Just playing a game which should be funny and relaxing for anyone. Not generating frustations, anger and fury. Thnak you. 

No need to be a superman, but you must play all game modes to do challenges and tasks easily. The problem is that instead you playing the game, Gaijin is playing with you. To complete challenges and participate in events you must play what Gaijin will, not what is fun for you.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Waelse said:

No need to be a superman, but you must play all game modes to do challenges and tasks easily. The problem is that instead you playing the game, Gaijin is playing with you. To complete challenges and participate in events you must play what Gaijin will, not what is fun for you.

Exactly my point. If you don't have fun with a certain mode, you have to pay to have fun.:facepalm: