1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

12 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

For a game as big as WT, it makes good international publicity, isn't it obvious?

Project Aces a much smaller team ( 20+ people ) have remarked just how fickle getting modern aircraft licenses is, despite being a part of the much larger Namco Bandai Company. like just because you getting the license one year doesn't mean it's a one and done deal the next year they may charge for the same aircraft at a different price or cancel the licensing all together.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, SkyEye said:

Project Aces a much smaller team ( 20+ people ) have remarked just how fickle getting modern aircraft licenses is, despite being a part of the much larger Namco Bandai Company. like just because you getting the license one year doesn't mean it's a one and done deal the next year they may charge for the same aircraft at a different price or cancel the licensing all together.

There are indeed many factors that play for or against the licensing.

Edited by Cedjoe
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

Lol what that’s just a Gaijin’s problem.

The point of advertising?

It still is « free » publicity.

Yes, what's the point? How will they help themselves by having their products featured in an unrealistic aviation game developed in Russia? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

Yes, what's the point? How will they help themselves by having their products featured in an unrealistic aviation game developed in Russia? 

It's a game played worldwide, by many many players. The only fact that many people would talk about their products, old or new, is a sufficient selling point for large international companies such as Dassault.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

It's a game played worldwide, by many many players. The only fact that many people would talk about their products, old or new, is a sufficient selling point for large international companies such as Dassault.

Marketing War thunder will make Dassault sell more Rafales ???

wtf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Eanrol said:

Marketing War thunder will make Dassault sell more Rafales ???

wtf

Haha you think Dassault only sells Rafales? they don't even only sell planes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cedjoe said:

Haha you think Dassault only sells Rafales? they don't even only sell planes.

Where did I said Dassault only sell Rafales ? I was just taking a single exemple.

Take a break seriously.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Eanrol said:

Where did I said Dassault only sell Rafales ? I was just taking a single exemple.

Take a break seriously.

And I never said marketing Dassault would make them sell more Rafale. Making publicity for Dassault isn't gonna make them sell something in particular, but it's gonna make them more of a reference in their domain, especially for younger generations in the case of WT.

I'm just answering your comments stating it's somewhat hard for gaijin to get license from Dassault, which probably isn't the case. You can stop answering me whenever you want if you want me to take a break.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

25 minutes ago, Eanrol said:

Marketing War thunder will make Dassault sell more Rafales ??

LOL, I thought about the same.

Product placement in the entertainment industry (movies, games, tv shows, video clips) makes sense in the case of widely available consumer products, where purchasing decisions go beyond rational calculation (rational consumerism is an oxymoron).

In the case of military equipment worth tens of millions of dollars it's a serious economic and political decision and the "democratic opinion of a people" who may like given plane or tank because they saw it in a game or movie is completely irrelevant.

Of course, when the entertainment industry shows weapons produced by a national brand, general image and dignity issues of the states/nations may come into play.

For example, showing "T34 as a super tank that won World War II" may appeal to Russia.

Or showing French jets from 50's as crippled aircraft (Super-Misère* say hello ;)  ) may be unpleasant for France and the French.

But this is still far from the real, current interests of the military industry.

The more I don't understand why Dessault would make any problems with giving permission to use the name "Mirage III" for the 3D model of current obsolete aircraft in the game as WarThunder.

*..I know, I know, I'm sorry - should be "Mystère" ;)

Edited by Einherjer1979
medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Einherjer1979 said:

LOL, I thought about the same.

Product placement in the entertainment industry (movies, games, tv shows, video clips) makes sense in the case of widely available consumer products, where purchasing decisions go beyond rational calculation (rational consumerism is an oxymoron).

In the case of military equipment worth tens of millions of dollars it's a serious economic and political decision and the "democratic opinion of a people" who may like given plane or tank because they saw it in a game or movie is completely irrelevant.

Of course, when the entertainment industry shows weapons produced by a national brand, general image and dignity issues of the states/nations may come into play.

For example, showing "T34 as a super tank that won World War II" may appeal to Russia.

Or showing French jets from 50's as crippled aircraft (Super-Misère say hello ;)  ) may be unpleasant for France and the French.

But this is still far from the real, current interests of the military industry.

Again, Dassault doesn't only sell military equipment. Having their name featured in a game such as WT can only be a good thing for them, even if their planes aren't especially represented in a good way.

6 minutes ago, Einherjer1979 said:

The more I don't understand why Dessault would make any problems with giving permission to use the name "Mirage III" for the 3D model of aircraft in the game as WarThunder.

As far as we know, they don't.

Edited by Cedjoe
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Cedjoe said:

Having their name featured in a game such as WT can only be a good thing for them

You say this, but you don't qualify it. There's nothing I can imagine that would be gained by providing a license to Gaijin. Anybody who knows anything about military equipment already knows all the equipment that might be included in War Thunder, and I'm not sure what sort of "marketing" they need in the first place. If Gaijin is willing to hand over a good wad of cash I'm sure Dassault won't mind, but I don't think there's any benefit for them providing a license. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

You say this, but you don't qualify it. There's nothing I can imagine that would be gained by providing a license to Gaijin. Anybody who knows anything about military equipment already knows all the equipment that might be included in War Thunder, and I'm not sure what sort of "marketing" they need in the first place. If Gaijin is willing to hand over a good wad of cash I'm sure Dassault won't mind, but I don't think there's any benefit for them providing a license. 

5 hours ago, Cedjoe said:

And I never said marketing Dassault would make them sell more Rafale. Making publicity for Dassault isn't gonna make them sell something in particular, but it's gonna make them more of a reference in their domain, especially for younger generations in the case of WT.

12 hours ago, Cedjoe said:

I'm just answering your comments stating it's somewhat hard for gaijin to get license from Dassault, which probably isn't the case. You can stop answering me whenever you want if you want me to take a break.

As amusing as this whole discussion is, it has no relation to 1.97, so please enough about this. For the millionth time, Mirage development is not delayed because of licensing, it’s a myth repeated by people who wrongly understood one of our official tweets. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

As amusing as this whole discussion is, it has no relation to 1.97, so please enough about this. For the millionth time, Mirage development is not delayed because of licensing, it’s a myth repeated by people who wrongly understood one of our official tweets. 

Thank you, exactly what I was trying to say since the beginning :)

1 hour ago, gromvoiny said:

Thank you !

yeah, I changed the account, I finally chose the steam one

medal medal medal medal

Can any moderator or a part of the dev team can issue a statement about any future plans concerning modern aircraft carriers and airfields ? 
I feel current airfields need more cosmetic and functional changes . 
I also predict that in future patches we might get more detailed scopes for more modern tanks and smoke coming out of the barrel after shooting . 
Another thing that I can see coming in either 1.97 or 1.99 is a better interface for aircraft pylon based loadouts .

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't know about Aircraft carriers but I can tell you it's badly needed. Every time I forget to untick Carrier Launch with my Etendard IVM, I have to deploy treasures of piloting just to not crash from that super small ship with my jet.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, sargeanthashhash said:

Can any moderator or a part of the dev team can issue a statement about any future plans concerning modern aircraft carriers and airfields ?

New carriers are confirmed to be coming at some point. There's even a twitter link in the OP:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, *sigma__zero said:

New carriers are confirmed to be coming at some point. There's even a twitter link in the OP:

I am aware of that twitter post but what I was asking if the devs will have that in this upcoming update or not :( 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal