1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

I've counted 11 tanks(maybe more), which are already in the game and have LWR modelled. Isn't it enough for the feature, which is easy to implement?:crying:

Spoiler

Ariete(P), Ariete, Ariete PSO, M1A2, Type 16, Leclerc, Type 90, Type 90(B), ZTZ96, CM11, Merkava Mk.2B

Are you working on a laser warning system for ground vehicles which is very necessary for protection against helicopters in the current environment of the game?

Technically it is easy to implement such a system. The problem is that there are still very few vehicles in the game that carried such a warning system.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I've counted 11 tanks(maybe more), which are already in the game and have LWR modelled. Isn't it enough for the feature, which is easy to implement?:crying:

Hide contents

Ariete(P), Ariete, Ariete PSO, M1A2, Type 16, Leclerc, Type 90, Type 90(B), ZTZ96, CM11, Merkava Mk.2B

Are you working on a laser warning system for ground vehicles which is very necessary for protection against helicopters in the current environment of the game?

Technically it is easy to implement such a system. The problem is that there are still very few vehicles in the game that carried such a warning system.

Leopard 2A5 doesn't have it?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
10 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

Leopard 2A5 doesn't have it?

9 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I don't see it, at least in the game

Nope Leo 2 dont have a laserwarnsystem as far as I know.

For the French tree only there are already 3-4 (Leclerc, AMX-10RC, AMX-30B2 Brennus and the AMX-30B2 if they add the galix modification).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Two planes I can find with that emblem

Hint of things that appear in future?

There's already been a bunch of decals from planes or tanks that aren't in game yet and most of them still aren't in game.

3 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry but this is the dumbest, brain dead answer Gaijin can give o_o Who in the World says such things? Why the hell is it justified that MBT's don't get the propper-needed Tech. to counter Heli Spam, but a BMP get his "we love details" Water splash protection? I know its Off-Topic but: WTF guys Gaijin? Are you serious?

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Darjeeling_Chan said:

Anyone notice that the Type-69IIa is available to select on the WT.Live filters? is this conformation its coming?image.thumb.png.801e8305c40c4f7421e8b2f4

Actually I think that's because it's been on the chinese server for a few years now. I do hope it comes though, should make a nice lineup with the premium T-62.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Darjeeling_Chan said:

Anyone notice that the Type-69IIa is available to select on the WT.Live filters? is this conformation its coming?image.thumb.png.801e8305c40c4f7421e8b2f4

Think its already on the Chinese client. Think they have one or two more tanks that we don't have yet.

Dunno why they did not add them. Since they are already in the files. But then again.

There are so many vehicles that they have left in the files for years.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

First devblog today? 

no, too early.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6035-development-challenger-2-and-rank-vii-armored-vehicles-en

first dev blog last year was on 15th, we're still around a week away.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, WT_CT_Center said:

no, too early.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/6035-development-challenger-2-and-rank-vii-armored-vehicles-en

Yeah I bet we’ll see some kind of preorder for either a ship or a jet. But I don’t think we will hear about the Swedish tanks in the first devblogs as there might not a be new preorder bundle for them.

Edited by Cedjoe

Just now, Cedjoe said:

Yeah I bet we’ll see some kind of preorder for either a ship or a jet. But I don’t think we will hear about the Swedish tanks in the first devblogs.

my same thought, weve already seen both pre orders for sweden so theres not much else for them.

2 pre orders i can think of however could be the apaches or the IJN Tone 

2 minutes ago, WT_CT_Center said:

my same thought, weve already seen both pre orders for sweden so theres not much else for them.

2 pre orders i can think of however could be the apaches or the IJN Tone 

Oh yeah I forgot about the apaches, they might start with those as I guess many people have been hyped up for them. It would start the devblog season with 4(?) vehicles at the same time.

Edited by Cedjoe

2 hours ago, WT_CT_Center said:

no, too early.

For 1.77 the first devblog was released on the 7th of February 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Some devblogs also came on the weekend like new engine or something a year or 2 ago.

3 hours ago, Cedjoe said:

Yeah I bet we’ll see some kind of preorder for either a ship or a jet. But I don’t think we will hear about the Swedish tanks in the first devblogs as there might not a be new preorder bundle for them.

We could still have more Swedish bundles. On release, the French GFTT had three bundles and the Italian four (of which two were new), so more preorders aren't impossible.

At least I'd expect a Rank V or VI tank with a turret, as a counterpart to the Strv.103A. Probably a modified Centurion.

medal

22 minutes ago, PlanyKaanere said:

We could still have more Swedish bundles. On release, the French GFTT had three bundles and the Italian four (of which two were new), so more preorders aren't impossible.

At least I'd expect a Rank V or VI tank with a turret, as a counterpart to the Strv.103A. Probably a modified Centurion.

But it also wasn’t the case for the Swedish air tree so I’m not really expecting any new bundle for the new tree especially since the last ones were only an update ago.

5 hours ago, PlanyKaanere said:

the Italian four (of which two were new),

Because Italian tanks had been waiting for a year since the introduction of first premiums, of course it needed new premiums.