1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

21 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Whilst the Italian Navy is in development, we dont tend to release 2 main trees in a singular update (with the exception of China because it was all ready). We also dont partially release a tree (like half a tree) and launch another half later. We launch a whole tree with enough machines then gradually build on that over time.

The Italian Navy wont be in 1.97. As we have said, the primary focus is the Swedish Ground Forces with some other very interesting surprises too. 

I mean, you don't release half completed trees, but I'd say 3/4 completed trees have been released, but anyway good to know that something isn't coming in 1.97. 

Let's see if there's anything cool coming in 1.97. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Italy have powerfull jets (G91) but need more mach 1/2 too yes.

(But don"t know if they made a lot of them)

I can feel the ELL for Brit. They already got a powerfull jet, but i think they gonna have a second baby.

Edited by Hyrikul
medal medal medal medal medal

We don't release half done trees *stares in italian air*.

Also you mean to say italian navy after all this time is only half done? Started before other entire trees yet only half done. This is gon a be another italian air tree wait isn't it.:my_precious:.....you're safe for now hms kingston.

8fc7431655d26f9243c877ce2f48a1ee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

I am scared... i can already see Battleships and Heavy Cruisers being impaled by anti-ship missiles coming from frigates from the 1980-90s...

Of course that’s what will happen. Late war battleships will be like late war heavy tanks. Overtiered and outclassed by Cold War vehicles that outperform them in every way. 

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pavel said:

I'd be happy with the AMX International too tbh.

Would be a great addition.

5 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

Whilst the Italian Navy is in development, we dont tend to release 2 main trees in a singular update (with the exception of China because it was all ready). We also dont partially release a tree (like half a tree) and launch another half later. We launch a whole tree with enough machines then gradually build on that over time.

The Italian Navy wont be in 1.97. As we have said, the primary focus is the Swedish Ground Forces with some other very interesting surprises too. 

Damn I had a hope that last 2 updates were quite empty because you were preparing for smth big.

But maybe these surprises are not about 3 big nations, who knows)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, TheAntiAirGuy said:

It's very likely that the Anerican premium helicopter will be the AH-64 (Peten)

Is there anything special or unique about the Israeli AH-64A in terms of armament or performance or is it going to be the same helicopter as the potential tech tree version (or worse than the AH-64D) with a desert camo?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, *sigma__zero said:

Is there anything special or unique about the Israeli AH-64A in terms of armament or performance or is it going to be the same helicopter as the potential tech tree version (or worse than the AH-64D) with a desert camo?

It is just that, an AH-64A with a special name as far as I know. It will be similar to the Czech Mi-24.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, I don't know if this will be reflected in the game, but Israeli AH-64A can carry the Spike ATGM, and from what I've been able to gather, they carry two versions, the Spike-ER which has a range of 16km from helicopter launch and the Spike NLOS, which has a 25km range. Additionally, the Spike-LR has an air-launched range of 10km. There was also a case of an Israeli AH-64 shooting down a Cessna with a missile, but given the low speeds involved it's entirely possible it was a manually guided TOW missile or something which wasn't a specifically air-to-air missile. It has also shot down an Iranian drone but I assume the speeds were similar, so it could have been a TOW-like weapon again. 

Modernizations of the AH-64A have also possibly added the GATR Laser guided 70mm rockets. 

edit: all that translates to Gaijin probably just making the AH-64 Peten a carbon-copy of the AH-64A that will be in the tech tree, with a probably inaccurate skin and configuration. 

Edited by Stavroforos
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

There may be a jet(s), who knows what will come soon™ )))))

wait....you didn't get mad for a certain M-word

does this mean...

...is this the time?

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Not very on topic, but I have to say, it's a very nice chart that helps us visualize around when some vehicle could be coming out, and how many more jets the US and USSR have than all the other minor nations. 

It’s true that they have more but they are also representing multiple versions of the same aircraft for the US and USSR while it’s not the case for the European one. The difference isn’t that big.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

It’s true that they have more but they are also representing multiple versions of the same aircraft for the US and USSR while it’s not the case for the European one. The difference isn’t that big.

It's certainly big compared to each individual minor nation though.