Argentine Air Forces Tech tree

OsO73

Argentine Air forces Tech tree  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this tree added ?

• Yes.
    • No (explain Why).

I looked at the IA-63 some more and I found another variant that can be added the AT-63 Pampa-II. The Pampa-II is an improved variant of the IA-63 with more modern avionics, payload increase from 1,160kg to 1,500kg and some Pampa-II's have their Honeywell TFE731-2-2N engines replaced with Honeywell TFE731-40-2N engines, the TFE731-40 produce around 3950 (Ibf) thrust while the TFE731-2 only produces around 3500 (Ibf) thrust.

The IA-63 that is currently in the TT should be reclassified to either the IA-63 "Pampa I" or IA-63 "pre production" if you want to add the Pampa-II

Spoiler

7149059453_6d0c6e0d9b_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1FIDAE_2014_-_IA63_Pampa_III_FAA_-_DSCN05pampa3-750x375.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, AspandaIV said:

I looked at the IA-63 some more and I found another variant that can be added the AT-63 Pampa-II. The Pampa-II is an improved variant of the IA-63 with more modern avionics, payload increase from 1,160kg to 1,500kg and some Pampa-II's have their Honeywell TFE731-2-2N engines replaced with Honeywell TFE731-40-2N engines, the TFE731-40 produce around 3950 (Ibf) thrust while the TFE731-2 only produces around 3500 (Ibf) thrust.

The IA-63 that is currently in the TT should be reclassified to either the IA-63 "Pampa I" or IA-63 "pre production" if you want to add the Pampa-II

Reveal hidden contents

7149059453_6d0c6e0d9b_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1FIDAE_2014_-_IA63_Pampa_III_FAA_-_DSCN05pampa3-750x375.jpg

Sure, i considered the aircraft and i think that it will be added in the future. I thought the same of the last upgrade (being the Pampa III) but ill stick to the II being top tier for the attacker line, where we are going to see some other aircraft be added.

medal

After what was quite a lot of work we have the whole tree (regular+premiums/event) since i added quite a lot of stuff i will list it here 

• Added all the premiums in the TT
  • added the JRF goose to (event vehicle)
  • added the Fiat G.46 (event Vehicle)
  • added The At-11 kansan (event vehicle)
  • added the FMA.21 (premium Vehicle)
  • added the Hurricane IID & IV (premium vehicle)
  • added the Spitfire VA & VB (event and Premium)
  • added the Ia.58 From the Sri lankan and Uruguayan Air Forces (event and Premium)
  • added the Pampa 2000 (Premium vehicle)
  • added a new version of the H-75O (regular TT)
  • added the S-2T Turbo Tracker (regular TT)
  • added the Ia.58D and Ia.66 (regular TT)
  • added the Ia.63 Pampa II (regular TT)
  • Moved the M5 Dagger to the top of the Attaker line 
  • added the P-3B orion (regular TT)

Finishing this update i realized we have roughly 80 aircraft in total, 18 of them being premiums/event, this leaves 62 aircraft in the regular TT, an impressive number for a TT of a minor nation. there still quite some stuff that could be added (specs for the premiums/decals/camos and other stuff)

• Upvote 2
medal

Update !!

After quite some time i managed to find a few aircraft to add to the TT

• I.Ae.22C DL
  • Fiat G.59
  • Premium Uruguayan T-28S
  • Meteor Mk.III
  • Meteor Mk.IV (separated in 2)
  • F-86 Sabre (Separated in 2)
  • M-5 Finger (modernization of the M5 Dagger)
  • F-86 From the "Cruz del sur" acrobatic team 
  • Canberra T.4

In order:

Spoiler

iae22-3.jpg.1a6999e3a70769a9617ea08ca010

1141266595_Capturadepantalla2020-02-28al

meteor_fmkiii_i-009.jpg.f42ac5b5162b53admeteor_i-017.thumb.jpg.830be9660a07ddaed229766552_21.GLOSTERMETEOR.1.jpg.5482a812433_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.94ba9336c794431

2100790643_MD117.thumb.jpg.6a3a5fe78cbd6

66.jpg.7215e1c14b0446689c72e49ab7d3ff88.

Edited by OsO73
  • Upvote 1
medal

4 hours ago, Solarmod said:

I really want the I.AE 24.

I made a suggestion specifically for it, if you wanna check it out 

Idk where it could fit Besides this tree but well, it’s a suggestion haha

medal

6 hours ago, OsO73 said:

I made a suggestion specifically for it, if you wanna check it out 

Idk where it could fit Besides this tree but well, it’s a suggestion haha

It'd be an attacker, likely rank 2 or 3 judging by its armament and performance (being decently armed, but slow).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Z3r0_ said:

It'd be an attacker, likely rank 2 or 3 judging by its armament and performance (being decently armed, but slow).

It served as a heavy fighter and also as an attacker, since it had access to bombs, rockets and the "aerial bomb" (ill stay a lot more confident with it at rank 2 since its performance its not the best)

medal

On 08/05/2020 at 07:13, OsO73 said:

It served as a heavy fighter and also as an attacker, since it had access to bombs, rockets and the "aerial bomb" (ill stay a lot more confident with it at rank 2 since its performance its not the best)

I mean I'd put it on an attacker BRANCH, a combination of mediocre performance (even by low tier standards - any fighter other than a biplane or the reserve monoplanes can catch this thing in theory, and even some of the faster biplanes could potentially catch up if coming out of a dive) and heavy armament lend themselves well to that.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

I mean I'd put it on an attacker BRANCH, a combination of mediocre performance (even by low tier standards - any fighter other than a biplane or the reserve monoplanes can catch this thing in theory, and even some of the faster biplanes could potentially catch up if coming out of a dive) and heavy armament lend themselves well to that.

A version of it is on the attacker branch, the later modification (that has the 20mm instead of the 12.7s and can be equipped with rockets and bombs) we could put both on the attacker branch, but for the time being, they're separated.

Edited by OsO73
medal

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing at the EMB-312 the other day and i found out that Argentina operate a small fleet of them (32 to be exact) and they also use it in a CAS/DAS role

If you are wondering it can carry a total of 1,000 kg of ordinances on 4 plyons, including 50.cal gunpods, bombs and unguided rockets

Spoiler

1469419345_ArgentineEMB-312.thumb.jpg.1a39394323_ArgentineEMB-312Armaments.jpg.c

Edited by AspandaIV

8 hours ago, AspandaIV said:

I was browsing at the EMB-312 the other day and i found out that Argentina operate a small fleet of them (32 to be exact) and they also use it in a CAS/DAS role

If you are wondering it can carry a total of 1,000 kg of ordinances on 4 plyons, including 50.cal gunpods, bombs and unguided rockets

Reveal hidden contents

1469419345_ArgentineEMB-312.thumb.jpg.1a39394323_ArgentineEMB-312Armaments.jpg.c

Not a bad option for a low-ish BR attacker.  Yeah it's post-war, but it'd be fodder for even a number of pre-WWII fighters like the Bf 109E-1.

Edited by Z3r0_

13 hours ago, AspandaIV said:

Hide contents

Both the Tucano and Texan II (argentina operates both) are quite a modern vehicle (1980s) i really dont know where this aircraft will fit in game since armament is ok (i guess), performance is not bad but also not great and it doesn't have anything that makes it unique (i dont mind seeing it in game but idk, seems too new)

medal

17 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Both the Tucano and Texan II (argentina operates both) are quite a modern vehicle (1980s) i really dont know where this aircraft will fit in game since armament is ok (i guess), performance is not bad but also not great and it doesn't have anything that makes it unique (i dont mind seeing it in game but idk, seems too new)

Modern =/= good, especially when we're talking about these light COIN aircraft that became all the rage ever since the US and USSR got their asses kicked in Vietnam and Afghanistan respectively.  They're designed to fight enemies with no air cover and maybe an AA gun or a couple of MANPADS at most for air defense, not a conventional war against an adversary with a full combined-arms force..

Edited by Z3r0_

5 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Modern =/= good, especially when we're talking about these light COIN aircraft that became all the rage ever since the US and USSR got their asses kicked in Vietnam and Afghanistan respectively.  They're designed to fight enemies with no air cover and maybe an AA gun or a couple of MANPADS at most for air defense, not a conventional war against an adversary with a full combined-arms force..

absolutely, in comparison the Ia.58 (also COIN) or the OV-10 Bronco are better suited for the game, the Tucanos i dont think so

• Upvote 1
medal

1 hour ago, BrooklynTheFurry said:

yes and I so want the I.Ae.33. second to last fighter designed by the world known Kurt Tank.

The I.Ae.33 (5th prototype) is in the tree, the 4th prototype is being considered to be added as a premium, since its performance is a little poor compared to the 5th.

Thanks for your support !

medal

22 hours ago, OsO73 said:

The I.Ae.33 (5th prototype) is in the tree, the 4th prototype is being considered to be added as a premium, since its performance is a little poor compared to the 5th.

Thanks for your support !

Not to mention its stall characteristics, specifically its tendency to stall at high angles of attack (a consequence of its wing placement), which iirc weren't fixed till the 5th prototype.

Edited by Z3r0_

4 hours ago, Z3r0_ said:

Not to mention its stall characteristics, specifically its tendency to stall at high angles of attack (a consequence of its wing placement), which iirc weren't fixed till the 5th prototype.

Yup, to be fair, every prototype made was an improvement of the ones before it, the 4th and 5th were the only ones that I’ll consider that have potential (the 4th will suffer a little, but it will do) I find it as a good way to give players a good premium for rank V. 

medal

9 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Yup, to be fair, every prototype made was an improvement of the ones before it, the 4th and 5th were the only ones that I’ll consider that have potential (the 4th will suffer a little, but it will do) I find it as a good way to give players a good premium for rank V. 

Indeed.  The Pulqui II would do fine at around 8.3-8.7 depending on the variant.

• Like 2

I think Argentina is better with Brazil, plus a Uruguay.They are combine to form Latin America Tech Tree.

I think Argentina is better with Brazil, plus a Uruguay.They are combine to form Latin America Tech Tree.

• Like 1
medal

4 hours ago, candypnlp said:

Not a bad idea :p:

medal

16 hours ago, candypnlp said:

Uruguay wouldn't add anything unique to the Argentine TT at least in terms of the air TT (if you exclude the AT-33A Shooting star)
I'm kinda mixed about Brazil being in the Argentine TT, on the one hand Brazil has quite a few unique vehicles both native designs (A-27 Tucano, A-29 Super Tucano) and unique variants of foreign vehicles (A-1M) so it wouldn't be flooded with copy-paste vehicles. But on the other hand most vehicles Brazil operated, Argentina has an equivalent to it so i don't find it that necessary to group Brazil with Argentina

However it's a totally different story if you are referring to Helicopters or Tanks

• Like 1