E-100 Addition(updated)

Fat_Cop_

Seriously. The 105 gun with fin stabilized heat rounds is amazing. Its far better than any other gun in the game. It will one shot any tank with a 7.6s reload. The tank is reasonably mobile and can knock out tanks from the front at any range. If you aren't happy with the leopard nothing is going to make you happy. Certainly not another tank that performs almost exactly like the maus. But give it more than a handful of battles and honestly tier 5 tanks are miserable in AB you really need to play the leo in realistic so you don't stick out to the world. 

I love my leo and it I think it out preforms all tanks. The T54 is still a challenge but managable. T10ms aren't scary at all and IS4ms are also easy to kill. I also have the M60 and I have to say its not any better. They are both great tanks. But you really need to play them in realistic or your armor and gun aren't going to be as useful because people can see and shoot you from anywhere on the map. I prefer ABs for lower tiers but for T5 you should really give RBs a try and see if you don't find it to be a better tank. Next you need to be using HEATFS.

Honestly though, the leopard really has nothing to do with the e-100 question as they are completely different classes of vehicles. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. 

Yeah, apart from the fact that the Leo still couldn't kill my SU-122 (artillery piece, tier 2, not tier 5 td), with 3 shots. And I managed to ammo-rack him with an HE round, cos, well the ammo storage is pretty good on the Leopard 1... but still, getting blown-up by a tier 2 in custom battles is quite depressing. 

• Upvote 1

What's next? Ratte?

Nty

All ready suggested by me and we will not get it.

medal medal medal medal

YES LMAO AND ADD A POLL

+1 :D

I want it.

Yeah, apart from the fact that the Leo still couldn't kill my SU-122 (artillery piece, tier 2, not tier 5 td), with 3 shots. And I managed to ammo-rack him with an HE round, cos, well the ammo storage is pretty good on the Leopard 1... but still, getting blown-up by a tier 2 in custom battles is quite depressing. 

That's sad

medal medal medal medal

It's the same idea as adding the T10 so I'm all for it and it will also add more German tanks so it will be more balanced to fight russian tanks, which outnumber America and German BR 8.0 tanks combined.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

E-75 has a much better armor only in WOT, in reality it didn't has even 0.1mm of paper.

But I am agree with you about E-100, it looks noticeably better than Maus, and I think it was much closer to battle ready than Maus. Unfortunately we got Maus instead of E-100.

In general I dream about removing Tiger 105, Maus, Panther II, FlakPanther, IS4, all of T54, ZSU57, the last SU122, M103, at least M47 and Walker Bulldog with M42, because I am happy with WW2 tanks and tired meeting much superior tanks. IS3 or T32 with M26/46 enough to counter latest german tanks.

According to only original E-75 hull drawing it has 140mm of armor at 60 degree angle. Which is much better than the Tiger II's 150mm at 50 degree angle.

medal medal

But I am agree with you about E-100, it looks noticeably better than Maus, and I think it was much closer to battle ready than Maus. Unfortunately we got Maus instead of E-100.

Maus second prototype:

Panzer-VIII-Maus2.jpg

Maus_Trials_1944.png

E100 first prototype:

e100_1.jpg

E-100a.jpg

Result: The Maus was much shorter before the series production

medal

E-100 chassis with tracks mounted. Picture taken in England. Sorry for being so small. o-o

e100tracksmounted.jpg

Edited by Shinzu
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No need in one more 6.7 BR tank. I am against E-series because e50/75/100 doesn't differ much from existing ones (Panther II, Tiger 105mm and Maus).

There are a lot of much more interesting vehicles such as wheeled and half-tracked armor, sturmpanzers and waffentragers. For example Stuig 33b or Sturer Emil. And developers should concentrate on them rather on even more fictional tanks.

I think this would be different and interesting. We already have several similar variants of tanks such as M4, T-34, Pz. IV, Pz. III, and Pz. II variants, some which even have the exact same BR. The E-Series is an interesting line, plus the E-50, E-75, and E-100 were not the only members of the E-Series. What about the E-10 Hetzer? That's right, the beloved Jagdpanzer 38(t) is not the real Hetzer, instead its name got confused with the E-10. The E-Series topic contains several E-Series variants like standard panzers.

I think this would be different and interesting. We already have several similar variants of tanks such as M4, T-34, Pz. IV, Pz. III, and Pz. II variants, some which even have the exact same BR. The E-Series is an interesting line, plus the E-50, E-75, and E-100 were not the only members of the E-Series. What about the E-10 Hetzer? That's right, the beloved Jagdpanzer 38(t) is not the real Hetzer, instead its name got confused with the E-10. The E-Series topic contains several E-Series variants like standard panzers.

You mean this thing ?

e10_4.jpg

What about the E-10 Hetzer? That's right, the beloved Jagdpanzer 38(t) is not the real Hetzer, instead its name got confused with the E-10

Wrong! The Jagdpanzer 38(t) was nicknamed by the troops as "Hetzer" (ist just right that this never was his official nickname) while the E10 get the "Hetzer" as official project nickname ...

medal

Wrong! The Jagdpanzer 38(t) was nicknamed by the troops as "Hetzer" (ist just right that this never was his official nickname) while the E10 get the "Hetzer" as official project nickname ...

Read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzer

Even if the troops called it the Hetzer this was indeed not the name. But this is getting derailed quickly, this topic is about the E-100 not the Hetzer's name.

+1 For the E-series, if not all at least the E75 and E100, german at tier V can't compete, the Maus is probably the only tier V tank that can put up a fight, and still it's at big disadvantage, slow, loud, and with weak firepower to properly face other 8.0 opponents.

With the introducion of the new Us and Ru tanks in 1.51 those 2 germans prototype are needed more than ever.

And im not even sure they'll be enough to balance things.. but at least will ease the disadvantage germany has at tier V

"weak firepower"... Clearly someone with 11k battles hasn't taken a look at the IS-4Ms' pitiful gun. The Maus almost has a 2x better gun...

Read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzer

Even if the troops called it the Hetzer this was indeed not the name. But this is getting derailed quickly, this topic is about the E-100 not the Hetzer's name.

Seriosly, you know that you talk here with a German who deal with German WW2 military equipment and technology since ~ 20 years ;)

Here something for you:

Heinz Guderian behauptete gegenüber Hitler, dies sei der Spitzname der Soldaten für diesen Panzer.

So, as i wrote, it never was the official given nickname, but it was called by the troops that way ... so simple said, your opinion was just the half truth

Edited by MP86
medal

Please take note that this so called blue print was drawn and was copyrighted in 1992 by Hilary Doyle. Not a german tank design firm during WWII

Doyle usually does not put original drawings in his book anyway. He draws a copy of the original drawing and thats why his drawings are copyrighted.

Example:

E-25 drawing copyrighted by Doyle:

25k6amc.jpg

Original WWII German drawing of E-25:

id5afq.jpg

Edited by Fmanfsbr
medal medal

Please take note that this so called blue print was drawn and was copyrighted in 1992 by Hilary Doyle. Not a german tank design firm during WWII

They just copy paste the original drawings for these books.

You know I've changed my mind. You guys that want these tanks are absolutely right. Based on a handful of drawings we should demand that these tanks be admitted into the game. The devs can pretty much just have their way with the performance of these since there is nothing at all to go on. Because they are german they are just plain better. So long as they are better who cares how realistic it is after all there is absolutely nothing realistic about things that were never real anyway. I just want more tanks that preform nearly identically to tanks that are already in game only slightly better and constantly buffed and nerfed to keep people grinding and spending more money. Then if I am not happy I can claim that after all the germans were such geniuses they could have mounted much bigger guns on these tanks with turrets never even dreamed up at the time. That would after all be the natural progression. If my tank doesn't kill everything and never die it is russian bias and I want another german tank buff. Yeah I'm coming around to this.  

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Most of the stuff/documents are locked away in some archives. Which normal people have limited access to. Here in germany at the national archive in Freiburg they have documents about the 8.8cm Pak L/130 for example. This is the only picture that was allowed to be shown. You can't gather anything on the internet for the E-50/E-75/E-100 because it's prohibited to be shown.

861097_original.jpg

Edited by Shinzu

Most of the found written information can be accessed and used for making books but these archieves are not very interested in letting people make copys of the original drawings.

medal medal