1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

Just now, Capt_Rodgers said:

Calm down guys. There is no need for suffer debate now when we even don’t have single devblog yet. We should wait till Friday and after that start with our suffer debate.

Btw I’m back after almost 2 months without single post. Now I’m looking forward to disscusions with you all.

Ok, what do you hope, either excluding the swedish tree or in the swedish tree, gets added or hinted at...

medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

We are and have been preparing something big? A whole Swedish air and ground forces tree is a fairly major thing. 

@Smin1080p probably he was talking about the fact that for italy the last 2 updates were quite empty, I mean, in the last two updates it got a prototype Helicopter (which is fairly bad) and a low tier bomber (which I like)

medal medal

2 hours ago, CneuHa3_TUR said:

I'm just saying don't forget about Japanese TT as earlier updates :salute:

They didn't even mention them in Q&A, only Chinese and Italian, which is strange, because most of Japanese helies are of American nature.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

One thing I can't help wonder is whether we will already be seeing the Italian Navy, or whether that will be for the 1.99 update.  One the one hand, the Italian navy has been announced for a long time already; on the other hand, introducing both the Italian Navy and Swedish ground forces in the same update would simply be too much.

Not to mention certain nations asking for certain jets.  Y'all know which ones, so I don't have to mention them...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

They didn't even mention them in Q&A, only Chinese and Italian, which is strange, because most of Japanese helies are of American nature.

Japan will probably get their helicopter tree after the US (and possibly the UK) get their Apaches, which Japan will most likely also get at a later date.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, Kanyiko said:

One thing I can't help wonder is whether we will already be seeing the Italian Navy, or whether that will be for the 1.99 update.  One the one hand, the Italian navy has been announced for a long time already; on the other hand, introducing both the Italian Navy and Swedish ground forces in the same update would simply be too much.

Not to mention certain nations asking for certain jets.  Y'all know which ones, so I don't have to mention them...

It was already denied in this thread that Italian navy won't come in 1.97.

• Thanks 1

"1.97: We didn't realize people actually cared about patch names." 

I suspect it won't be named after something Swedish, they already used the "Arctic" thing for the Swedish air patch, and if we do get Mirage and other new Mach 2's, they'll be a bigger deal than the Swedish ground tree anyway. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, Rambolf said:

How about, Scandinavian Storm, for the name. It covers all the bases of the finnish stuff and maybe dannish (crossess fingers) 

im till  so much against Finland in the sweden tree, but well

16 minutes ago, stefffff1871 said:

im till  so much against Finland in the sweden tree, but well

It would make more sense in the German tree from a historical point of view, at least when we're talking about WWII era, but Cold War is a bit more difficult, and in any case, German tree is extremely well populated so it makes sense that they add a whole new nation of vehicles to it. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I wonder if Gaijin will allow modern strv122 to have HE shells so they can use russian tactics.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, Rambolf said:

But Stef the BT 42

Bt42_parola_2.jpg

yeah exactly, thats the point, i am 110% sure that vehicle like that will only end up as stupid premiums or event stuff and not researchable for all.

maybe they will be some researchable stuff of finland but only to fill gaps and nothing more

2 minutes ago, stefffff1871 said:

yeah exactly, thats the point, i am 110% sure that vehicle like that will only end up as stupid premiums or event stuff and not researchable for all.

maybe they will be some researchable stuff of finland but only to fill gaps and nothing more

I mean they added various premiums and unique tanks in the Chinese tree like the lvt zis, type 62, m8 and the type 65, so theres hope its in the standard tree...

medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

It was already denied in this thread that Italian navy won't come in 1.97.

Thanks, I must have missed that.

5 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

"1.97: We didn't realize people actually cared about patch names." 

I suspect it won't be named after something Swedish, they already used the "Arctic" thing for the Swedish air patch, and if we do get Mirage and other new Mach 2's, they'll be a bigger deal than the Swedish ground tree anyway. 

"1.97: Anything but the M-word."

Seriously though, with Valentine around the corner I first expect an announcement for a Valentine's event (win x fights with x amount activity) with a decal prize (probably on Friday morning); and only then a first announcement for the new patch either Friday afternoon or on Saturday.  Last year the first announcement for patch 1.87 was on Friday February 15th; in 2017 the first announcement for 1.67 was on Tuesday February 14th.

(Granted, in 2018 first devblog was Wednesday February 7th and in 2016 it was Monday February 8th, so it's pretty much reading tea leaves at this point...)

50 minutes ago, Rambolf said:

I mean they added various premiums and unique tanks in the Chinese tree like the lvt zis, type 62, m8 and the type 65, so theres hope its in the standard tree...

uhm they are chinese vehicles in the chines tree, we are talking here about finnish vehicles in the swedish tree. i mean look at the IAR81, the most produced IAR80 version is also only available as a premiun.

and talking about your examples, gaijin would have had the possibility to add a small regular chinese line in russian tree aswell. but they used the massproduced stuff only for events. and well i played those events just bcz i wanted to collect those vehicles. this works was now for nothing for me. Its a general problem that gaijin dont think about the future

Well 1.97 will be focused on the Swedish GF,its going to be so funny if they add the Apache for the swedes based on the fact that they tested it over a weekend.

Edited by CreditCardCmndo
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal